• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 7:45 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
296 posts
32 upvotes

Doc & Phoebe Cat Feeding System

For those who had used the Doc & Phoebe feeding system, how long did it take for your cat to get used to it? I am considering it as a way to help one of my cat lose some weight but I am wondering if that would work for my case since she is slow. I can see my other cat eating ALL the food before she finds it.
Images
  • Doc1.jpg
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2818 posts
1231 upvotes
Vancouver
Problem is only seems to accommodate dry cat food, which we've been told is less than ideal. What we do is we play with out cat vigorously before each meal.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10473 posts
1204 upvotes
I'd me more concerned with the mess these things will leave. I can see finding dry kibble everywhere. Also I don't see this really getting the cat to eat less or exercise more.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18898 posts
4017 upvotes
Thornhill
Had one, sold it, also had one that looked like chimneys where the kibble went. It slowed down eating, but it made a mess of crumbs and little bits and pieces everywhere.

Then I transitioned to raw and never looked back. No more smelly poops, hairballs or vomiting. But I do have to feed them slowly or else they eat too fast and puke it back out. Cats huh.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2006
296 posts
32 upvotes
I tried raw and failed miserably. No one touched it at all. How did you get your cat adjusted to it?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18898 posts
4017 upvotes
Thornhill
seven wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 11:20 pm
I tried raw and failed miserably. No one touched it at all. How did you get your cat adjusted to it?
It took a few weeks to transition them, i first transitioned them from dry kibble to wet food (they preferred wet food anyways). Once fully on wet food (I still have leftover kibble as a treats), I mixed the wet and raw to a 90/10 ratio and slowly transition to 10/90 wet to raw and then fully raw.

Raw is not for everyone and not for every cat. Test it out with premade raw food from pet stores and see how they take to it, including their water intake.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18898 posts
4017 upvotes
Thornhill
seven wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 11:20 pm
It took a few weeks to transition them, i first transitioned them from dry kibble to wet food (they preferred wet food anyways). Once fully on wet food (I still have leftover kibble as a treats), I mixed the wet and raw to a 90/10 ratio and slowly transition to 10/90 wet to raw and then fully raw.

Raw is not for everyone and not for every cat. Test it out with premade raw food from pet stores and see how they take to it, including their water intake.