• Mar 21st, 2017 3:05 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 27, 2015
249 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON

DockATot

Have any of you guys tried this item? Does it work? Is it worth the money?

To me it seems super expensive for what it is. My wife is looking into getting this for our LO to get him sleeping longer. Thanks

https://dockatot.com/
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
2397 posts
1091 upvotes
What is this? Honestly I can't see how it could get a child to sleep longer. And it looks to me like it could actually be dangerous. Your not supposed to have anything plush around young babies. If they get their face up against it their breathing could be affected.

Don't waste your money.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
Looks like a safer way to co-sleep. I notice that my kid is less restless when co-sleeping.

Note that I'm not saying I'm a proponent or opponent of co-sleeping.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Apr 27, 2015
249 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes it looks like it is supposed to be used for co-sleeping. Not sure if it will fit our needs since we dont do this.

I have tried other items that were suppose to be good for the baby ie boppy baby lounger and it turned out to be good so my wife thought we should give it a try. The super high price tag is telling me not to get it. If it doesnt work were are then stuck with a $300 pillow. Just wanted more opinions to justify the purchase if possible.
Dec 26, 2012
180 posts
103 upvotes
RICHMOND
I have this, I used it for co-sleeping and then moved her to the crib with it. I can't say if it is because of the dockatot but my 9 week old sleeps anywhere from 5-9 hours. She also naps 2 hours on it. The bottom has a clip you can undo when they get too long but my baby likes it closed (makes them feel more secure I suppose). I can also bring the dockatot around the house so she has somewhere to lie down. We also started to use it for tummy time. I was also turned off from the price but it is the one baby purchase we use everyday. I don't regret the purchase at all. And it has good resale value considering all the baby stores and online sell out of the product pretty fast.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2013
1066 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
My sister got a cheaper version of this, I think from Etsy. Her baby uses it only for naps in the living room, of course always with supervision. I've looked into it myself and for the use, we decided to get a playard in the living room that comes with a napper/changer and bouncer, all in one which I can use to toddler age. My sister's baby is 5 months and has almost outgrown her similar 'dockatot'.
Jan 19, 2017
3 posts
3 upvotes
After doing some regional sleep courses, this is apparently considered unsafe....... I'm expecting my first child and don't have any actually experience so I really don't know first hand but considering what was taught in the courses I wouldn't take the chance.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
I don't know anything about this particular product, but for co-sleeping we used this - The Summer Infant by your side sleeper:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=72927866

It went on sale for about $20 off and was worth it for us for $50. I liked that the sides were mesh so they would be breathable. I could carry it into the bathroom while I was having a shower and anywhere else. I had a preemie so was able to use this longer than most would as she didn't outgrow it as soon as she would have had she been full term.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3467 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
Finally a dog bed for my baby!!

Seems a bit unnecessary, but a lot of people have gotten very rich selling unnecessary baby things to nervous parents.
Jun 26, 2007
464 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
I've heard about this product on another mommy's group. The company that makes it is based in Europe and they passed the European standards for overnight sleeping in cribs, but they don't advertise it for overnight sleeping in North American due to liability.

If I have this, I would probably only use it for naps and for co-sleeping (either same bed or same room).

There's another Canadian company that makes something similar for a bit cheaper ($200 vs. $300).

http://www.willowtreebabynests.bigcartel.com/

Apparently the re-sale value of the Dockatot is quite high so I'm guessing you can re-sell it for $200 if you find it doesn't work for you.