• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 12:58 pm
[OP]
Sep 15, 2007
528 posts
13 upvotes

Doctor Who

The season premier of doctor who season 5 was a week ago
new actors and néw director. what do you guys think?
it was a lot better than what i had expected
639 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1801 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa
No one can replace David Tennant, but Matt Smith is doing a pretty good job. Karen Gillan is really really hot and not a bad actress at that.

The beginning of the first episode was kind of shaky, but it picked up from there.

The second episode was alright, very reminiscent of that gridlock episode or the one on the space station that had Simon Pegg in it.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2007
528 posts
13 upvotes
SAN66 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 7:44 pm
No one can replace David Tennant, but Matt Smith is doing a pretty good job. Karen Gillan is really really hot and not a bad actress at that.

The beginning of the first episode was kind of shaky, but it picked up from there.

The second episode was alright, very reminiscent of that gridlock episode or the one on the space station that had Simon Pegg in it.
+1 David Tennant was the best doctor, I also miss Rose.
Apr 24, 2006
924 posts
3 upvotes
17th on Space. Not sure about other stations.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7108 posts
659 upvotes
Victoria
Jury is still out on this Doctor. I remember it took me a while to get used to David Tennant, even when Christoper Eccleson(?) had only been the doctor for one season. Thats the rough part with the doctor, you get used to someone being the doctor and he gets replaced.

So far so good.. I'd wait to watch it on Space, but space isn't in HD, so yah.. I've got to get my Sci-Fi from other sources (why they're not HD.. I don't know.. they've got the license.. and sci-fi is a genre that really benefits from HD).

It is nice to have a new season.. instead of a year of specials.

First eps have been decent... waiting for something to really get it going.

I do like the theme that the Doctor continues to regenerate to younger and younger ages though.

The new Doctor does pair up nice with his new compantion. Should be an interesting season.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10130 posts
593 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Matt Smith = sucks
Amelia Pond = ooh la la

Episode One = pretty good
Episode Two = sucks

Weeping Angels = can't wait!

> I thought the new doctor episodes come out on april 17th

Not in the UK = not via internet.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
SAN66 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 7:44 pm
No one can replace David Tennant, but Matt Smith is doing a pretty good job.
I thought the same thing about Chris Eccleston. It was good having a Doctor with a Manchester accent. He's a United fan too! :)
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Gebraroest wrote:
Apr 11th, 2010 8:11 pm
+1 David Tennant was the best doctor, I also miss Rose.
Rose became a call girl apparently.

The black actress (Freeman?) was probably the most interesting companion in the recent series.

I wonder if that Runaway Bride special will ever air in Canada? Or any other specials that we missed thanks to the CBC's mishandling? I hope so.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for Space to start airing some of the older series too, since most of the audience have never seen the earlier Doctors.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7108 posts
659 upvotes
Victoria
Tornado F2 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2010 7:51 pm

The black actress (Freeman?) was probably the most interesting companion in the recent series.

I wonder if that Runaway Bride special will ever air in Canada? Or any other specials that we missed thanks to the CBC's mishandling? I hope so.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for Space to start airing some of the older series too, since most of the audience have never seen the earlier Doctors.
Holy Crap.. a few years ago I decided to try and watch all the Tom Baker Episodes.. it took a very long time.

I guess they could air some.. there's so much doctor who.. Space could probably go years without airing a repeat, if they did an ep a day.. even 2 eps a day.. lol
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
zod wrote:
Apr 12th, 2010 8:57 pm
Holy Crap.. a few years ago I decided to try and watch all the Tom Baker Episodes.. it took a very long time.

I guess they could air some.. there's so much doctor who.. Space could probably go years without airing a repeat, if they did an ep a day.. even 2 eps a day.. lol
I've long since stopped watching Star Trek reruns, etc, and even Stargate (I have that on DVD, should I feel the urge). They need to find something new, even if it's from a few decades ago. Especially if they're not going HD any time soon. I'd love to see some of the British shows I watched as a youngster.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2007
528 posts
13 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2010 7:51 pm

She's the lead actress for a show called Secret Diary of a Call Girl
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1715 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Gebraroest wrote:
Apr 12th, 2010 11:26 pm
She's the lead actress for a show called Secret Diary of a Call Girl
That's what I was referring to. It just sounded better (and shorter) my way. :)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10130 posts
593 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> The black actress (Freeman?) was probably the most interesting companion in the recent series.

I prefer Donna Noble. Martha was always, "Notice me, Doctor. I love you." The thing with Donna is that they were always peers. As the Doctor said in David Tennant's final episode, Donna was his best mate.

Martha's family were a writeoff, as well. Donna had her grandfather, Wilfred, and Rose had Jackie and Mickey.
Apr 24, 2006
924 posts
3 upvotes
Rabbit, I believe the word you're looking for is "rubbish". (referring to the new Dr.)

(I haven't seen it yet though, no idea if he is rubbish or not)