Toronto
That sucks.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3612 posts
115 upvotes
GTA
Unfortunately the churning has continued. Re-carnation until what was the limit? Hope they make it right. RIP Mr.Hurt.
MrDisco wrote: That sucks.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
I'm ok with it. I can rewatch almost all the series until Matt Smith's Final Season. I found the quality dropped off in his last season and I don't feel it ever recovered. The capaldi seasons are tough to rewatch. I know part of it is Moffat's creativity dried up, but Eccelston has some pretty rough scripts, and he made all of his episodes pretty fun.

Maybe a new Doctor / new showrunner is what they need to turn things around.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2722 posts
549 upvotes
Manitoba
I thought that the Doctor Strange thread title mistakenly changed to Doctor Who...
NO idea what Doctor Who is but Doctor Strange was one heck of a film.....
— — — — — — — — — — — —
The end came for me (for light roast coffee) when the tasting notes at a light roast shop in Portland said: "Hints of citrus, star anise & coffee" - Unknown on the internet
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
I think a woman should play the next Doctor. It would certainly be a welcome change and could shake up story lines.
Asker123 wrote: NO idea what Doctor Who
iconic british sci-fi show involving a rebel time traveler that's been on the air since 1963 (aside from a hiatus in the mid 90s to 2005).
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Asker123 wrote: NO idea what Doctor Who is
It's the TV show with the best theme of all time ;) :
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
zod wrote: Maybe a new Doctor / new showrunner is what they need to turn things around.
It is going to be awhile before we find out who is going to be the new Doctor...

New Doctor Who boss Chris Chibnall will lead the hunt for Peter Capaldi's replacement
...but the showrunner-in-waiting told RadioTimes.com that he is taking a holiday after his ITV drama Broadchurch starts, before he gets to grips with the sci-fi show

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-01- ... eplacement
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
tk1000 wrote: It is going to be awhile before we find out who is going to be the new Doctor...

New Doctor Who boss Chris Chibnall will lead the hunt for Peter Capaldi's replacement
...but the showrunner-in-waiting told RadioTimes.com that he is taking a holiday after his ITV drama Broadchurch starts, before he gets to grips with the sci-fi show

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-01- ... eplacement
It sounds like they didn't regenerate him at the end of the upcoming series, so you would think the only chance to do so now is this years Christmas special? Unless they opt not to do a Christmas special, or regenerate at the beginning of the following season.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
zod wrote: It sounds like they didn't regenerate him at the end of the upcoming series, so you would think the only chance to do so now is this years Christmas special? Unless they opt not to do a Christmas special, or regenerate at the beginning of the following season.
from the link posted...

"According to sources, the search for a new Doctor will be completed in the autumn and the new Time Lord will appear in an on-screen regeneration when Capaldi leaves the role in the 2017 Christmas special."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9356 posts
2208 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Asker123 wrote: I thought that the Doctor Strange thread title mistakenly changed to Doctor Who...
NO idea what Doctor Who is but Doctor Strange was one heck of a film.....
You are missing out then.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Series 10 Teaser Trailer "A Time for Heroes"

Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10377 upvotes
At this point I've stopped watching the show. I no longer care for it. Can't put my finger on it but I just don't watch it at all. Happened at around the time of Matt Smith's run. Watched the odd episode thereafter but couldn't get into it. Been a fan of the show since the 70s so this is very unusual for me. Ah well, lots of other stuff to watch these days...
Jun 30, 2009
905 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
Same here. I only started with the new ones with Eccleston, and I really enjoyed Tennant, but Matt Smith just grated at me and the last season killed it.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
This is the gateway to everything that ever was or ever can be. This is Doctor Who Season 10.
Get ready to have the time of your life with the Doctor, Bill, and Nardole Saturday, April 15th at 9/8c on BBC America.

Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
I feel the same. I really liked Eccleston and Tennant's Doctors. I quite liked Matt Smith too, but about halfway through his run the quality started to decline. I can rewatch the first 5.5 seasons (especialy the first four) but somewhere after the midway point of series 6 we just stop and it fizzles. I've never rewatched any of the Capaldi episodes. Not that he's bad, but the stories and everything. They just don't work. It feels like the fun and wonder of Doctor Who got sucked out. I keep watching, but it's definitely lost its way. I won't crap all over Moffat though. He was responsible for some pretty good episodes. I think his creativity well died up halfway during Smith's run. At least we got the 50th anniversary special though. Still one of my all time favorites.

I'm not a big fan of the Missy so I'm not sure why they keep using her to bring in viewers. I've also heard rumors that the next doctor might female. Not that that won't work, but it feels like stunt casting. You're really going to have to find someone exceptional to pull it off.

When I did I know that Doctor Who hit bottom? The episode with the eye booger monsters.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I've lost interest too...doesn't help when they have huge stretches between series. I haven't even finished viewing all the past seasons' episodes and I'd be hard pressed to name any of them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)