• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2017 9:42 pm
Jun 30, 2009
504 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
Same here. I only started with the new ones with Eccleston, and I really enjoyed Tennant, but Matt Smith just grated at me and the last season killed it.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23851 posts
5060 upvotes
GTHA
This is the gateway to everything that ever was or ever can be. This is Doctor Who Season 10.
Get ready to have the time of your life with the Doctor, Bill, and Nardole Saturday, April 15th at 9/8c on BBC America.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
I feel the same. I really liked Eccleston and Tennant's Doctors. I quite liked Matt Smith too, but about halfway through his run the quality started to decline. I can rewatch the first 5.5 seasons (especialy the first four) but somewhere after the midway point of series 6 we just stop and it fizzles. I've never rewatched any of the Capaldi episodes. Not that he's bad, but the stories and everything. They just don't work. It feels like the fun and wonder of Doctor Who got sucked out. I keep watching, but it's definitely lost its way. I won't crap all over Moffat though. He was responsible for some pretty good episodes. I think his creativity well died up halfway during Smith's run. At least we got the 50th anniversary special though. Still one of my all time favorites.

I'm not a big fan of the Missy so I'm not sure why they keep using her to bring in viewers. I've also heard rumors that the next doctor might female. Not that that won't work, but it feels like stunt casting. You're really going to have to find someone exceptional to pull it off.

When I did I know that Doctor Who hit bottom? The episode with the eye booger monsters.
May 28, 2012
9317 posts
1719 upvotes
Saskatoon
I've lost interest too...doesn't help when they have huge stretches between series. I haven't even finished viewing all the past seasons' episodes and I'd be hard pressed to name any of them.
Sep 30, 2001
26153 posts
5242 upvotes
New Doctor Who sidekick Pearl Mackie set for axe after just one series after Peter Capaldi quits
It is thought to have been a joint decision of the BBC and Broadchurch writer Chris Chibnall, who replaces current boss Steven Moffat after this series.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3 ... ldi-quits/
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
658 upvotes
Victoria
Sounds like they've heard the fans are trying to move in a new direction when the next showrunner takes over. Kind of like how they tied up everything from Russell Davies run in David Tennant's last episode.
May 28, 2012
9317 posts
1719 upvotes
Saskatoon
zod wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 11:16 am
Sounds like they've heard the fans are trying to move in a new direction when the next showrunner takes over. Kind of like how they tied up everything from Russell Davies run in David Tennant's last episode.
I wonder if they would be open to keeping the new companion if the fans really like her?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8285 posts
1686 upvotes
Toronto
Tonight is the beginning of the end for Mr. Capaldi's tenure as the Doctor 9 pm EST on Space
Sep 30, 2001
26153 posts
5242 upvotes
Ho-hum episode. Nothing really unique or envelope pushing as far as the mythology of Dr.Who goes. Maybe it is time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh with new show runners and principle actors.
Jun 15, 2009
634 posts
139 upvotes
Good riddance to Capaldi. The show was heading in a rough direction, but whatever charm it still had he completely ruined it. Every doctor before him was quirky and that's what made them fun. He is just boring.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2154 posts
153 upvotes
Really so they're making the new companion a lesbian?? I'm all for LGBT rights but they don't need to shove it in our faces.
Sep 30, 2001
26153 posts
5242 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 7:32 pm
Really so they're making the new companion a lesbian?? I'm all for LGBT rights but they don't need to shove it in our faces.
it's hardly being shoved in any one's faces. No one had an issue with Rory and Amy and their relationship, so similarly we shouldn't have a big problem with how Bill's character develops. It's all secondary (perhaps even tertiary) to the main storyline.
Jun 30, 2009
504 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 2:32 pm
it's hardly being shoved in any one's faces. No one had an issue with Rory and Amy and their relationship, so similarly we shouldn't have a big problem with how Bill's character develops. It's all secondary (perhaps even tertiary) to the main storyline.
And there was Jack Harkness, too. He was a polysexual from the future that hit more on guys than girls, I think. And there was that lesbian couple - the Veiled Lady and her maid. None of those were really shoved in your face nor was there a heavy focus on it. If you look at the series: Rose was in love with the Doctor, then paired off with the 10th Doctor clone, Rose's mom paired off with her ex's alternate, Mickey paired off with Martha Jones, Donna married a dude twice (once in the Library and once after leaving), there was Amy and Rory, River married the 11th Doctor, Clara paired off with that guy after quasi-pining after the Doc, and the 10th Doctor married Queen Elizabeth I and almost had a thing with that French woman. Like Disco said, if no one had a problem with those relationships, what should it matter if/when this new girl hooks up with someone? It's not like her sexuality will define her character. If it does, then that's just poor writing.