• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2017 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1351 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
Looking forward to it. Hopefully, with improved storylines.
Sep 30, 2001
26153 posts
5242 upvotes
Love the choice! Can't wait for the next series to start
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7102 posts
657 upvotes
Victoria
I hope the new Doctor is good and the next season is good.

My personal thoughts are that the show has already declined. We've been able to repeat watch and thoroughly enjoy rewatching Series 1 - 6. Starting in Matt Smith's final season it felt like the show went on a decline and it carried onto through the entire Capaldi run. Even this season I kind of dug the first few episodes, didn't mind Bill as a companion, but I kind of lost interest again as the season progressed :(

At this point if the show carried on the way it did we were already losing interest, so why not try something new?

It's a big move. The show's already on the decline and it seems like something that's polarized the fanbase of Doctor Who. Usually polarization doesn't work when your trying to get viewers, because when half the people love it, and half the people hate it, then you lose half.

Hopefully the new showrunner and actress can pull it off. The best case scenario is the show gets back some steam that it lost. Medium case scenario is that it doesn't really work out and they regenerate after a season. Worse case scenario is that the division of the Doctor Who fan base causes the ratings to plunge and the show gets put on hiatus or is cancelled :(
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14051 posts
3165 upvotes
Done for me now. I've been with the franchise since the mid 1970s. Nope. If it's going to be like Stephen Mofatt and just change things with no explanation as to why, then I have other things to watch...
Jul 16, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
Winnipeg, MB
Surprised it took this long actually. Can't wait for the new season!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7110 posts
894 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Can't wait. I enjoyed the last few seasons (and the ones before it!). The choice for the next doctor was somewhat expected considering the change in writer and connection to Broadchurch. Only hope she can pull it off.