Art and Photography

Does Adobe Lightroom ever go on sale in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 4:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17647 posts
188 upvotes
YVR

22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1194 posts
189 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
If it did, I've not seen it for quite a while. I believe they have a student discount.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3185 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
The only time I've seen it on a crazy sale was when a retailer had a ton of OEM copies of Lightroom 5 for $25... can't remember who it was but this was early last year, I think.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6745 posts
970 upvotes
^Visions. It was for LR5, the old post is probably under expired hot deal. Instead of waiting, try to get a student version instead, get your friends kid in HS/College to buy for you, assuming you are not planing to use it for commercial purposes.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Feb 1, 2004
798 posts
220 upvotes
Markham
They no longer have a student version for LR6.
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9383 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:09 pm
I think one have to be a PhotoSerge customer in order to take advantage of the promotion.
I sure am not and that link is from adobe, not photoserge. There is no "verification" step
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17647 posts
188 upvotes
YVR
Kaitlyn wrote:
May 14th, 2017 8:12 pm
I sure am not and that link is from adobe, not photoserge. There is no "verification" step
Oh! That's awesome. So you took advantage of the promotion?
Apr 10, 2008
136 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I used to have a license for Lightroom and Photoshop, and would pay for the upgrade every couple of years. I find the Adobe CC Photoshop Photography Program one of the great deals in software and apps. US$9.99/mon for these two plus half a dozen mobile apps (Lightroom for iOS is solid, and getting better, for example).

Sadly the deal ends there. If you want to add Premiere Pro it costs another $20/mon.
Nov 1, 2003
634 posts
99 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
May 11th, 2017 9:23 pm
If you have a late model camera and shoot in RAW, make sure you buy the version with the minimum RAW plug-in that supports it, or Lr won't recognize your files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/c ... meras.html

Or you can use a separate RAW converter, a hassle imho.
So THAT's the issue I'm having. Didn't realize it til now. My LR 4 does not recognize any of my Sony A6000 raw photos. I just switched back to JPEG for now.