Art and Photography

Does Adobe Lightroom ever go on sale in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2017 4:24 pm
Sep 27, 2002
111 posts
51 upvotes
Winnipeg
GPS wrote:
May 31st, 2017 4:44 pm
So THAT's the issue I'm having. Didn't realize it til now. My LR 4 does not recognize any of my Sony A6000 raw photos. I just switched back to JPEG for now.
Couldn't you download the Adobe DNG converter and convert your raw files and then import them into Lightroom 4.
It's worth a try: http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/produ ... rm=Windows
Nov 1, 2003
634 posts
99 upvotes
Thanks, I've just been shooting in JPEG and I like the smaller size. I'm not one to tweak my photos much so I think RAW may be too much work for me anyways.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1029 posts
53 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If anyone prefer to buy, there are options. I am not a power user and I don't money off photography, I use DXO optic for RAW, PhotoMatrix for HDR, Corel bundle($79 with aftershot RAW editor and other stuff) and a old copy of PS for PP. I found it more than enough for my need and skill lvl. All for the cost of year and a half of Adobe.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7890 posts
567 upvotes
halide wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:04 pm
Couldn't you download the Adobe DNG converter and convert your raw files and then import them into Lightroom 4.
It's worth a try: http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/produ ... rm=Windows
You can but it majorly disrupts the work flow. I tried it when I upgraded to my fuji and LR3 didn't support it. The flow and file management was a pain.

I was able to upgrade to LR6 (final non-cloud edition) for cheap from my LR3 student.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6817 posts
997 upvotes
^You just pay for the upgrade from the program or their site, perhaps ??

Roughly how much, do you happen to remember ??
Stock R wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:04 pm
You can but it majorly disrupts the work flow. I tried it when I upgraded to my fuji and LR3 didn't support it. The flow and file management was a pain.

I was able to upgrade to LR6 (final non-cloud edition) for cheap from my LR3 student.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7890 posts
567 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 1:21 pm
^You just pay for the upgrade from the program or their site, perhaps ??

Roughly how much, do you happen to remember ??
I paid on the website. I had to put in my lr3 serial number to verify I owned a copy. I just checked my mail and it was 89usd in 2015. I wanted to make sure I had a copy before it went Cloud only. I use photoshop cs2 as it's available for free (legally) and sufficient for my purposes.