Food & Drink

Does any business still have the word Donuts in their name?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 10:32 am
Tags:
21 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13588 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
Zephyr22b wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:55 am
Glory Hole Doughnuts
Yup! Jelly modern doughnuts also, for premium sake, but the basic dollar doughnut places have all abandoned the idea of being known for donuts, I guess.
Even Countrystyle donuts chose to change their name to Countrystyle Bistro (or just Countrystyle) a while back.

It's too bad Robin's Doughnuts couldn't last in Scarborough.
Their coffee was way better than Tim Horton's and the doughnuts there were actually not bad...most likely Coffee time Donuts under a different banner, but still seemingly fresh compared to TH.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19984 posts
3882 upvotes
Poormond Hill
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16727 posts
1530 upvotes
Space for rent
I think the idea is they want to distance themselves away from the stigma of just a donut place and more of a one stop dining experience whatever your perversion.

Is there even any place that only sells coffee and donuts? Everyone wants to sell anything and everything.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13588 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:01 am
Is there even any place that only sells coffee and donuts? Everyone wants to sell anything and everything.
That's an excellent point, but Coffee time isn't changing their name.
They can too.
Coffee time and Robin's are the same company.
They can easily replace all Coffee time locations with Robin's, thus eliminating the word "coffee" from their name for good.
They're not doing that.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16727 posts
1530 upvotes
Space for rent
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 5:58 am
That's an excellent point, but Coffee time isn't changing their name.
They can too.
Coffee time and Robin's are the same company.
They can easily replace all Coffee time locations with Robin's, thus eliminating the word "coffee" from their name for good.
They're not doing that.
All the Coffee Time I've ever come across are situated in bad neighbourhoods where vagrants loiter the place, inside and out. I've had a couple of incidents when they would come up to me asking me to spare some change while I was in there. The Tim Hortons across from PopEyes on Dufferin and Bloor seems to attract the same clientele but on a whole their patrons are a little more normal.

As far as changing their name to Robins or anything else I would think doing so would lose a lot of their customers.

I know this is running a little long but is it fair to say the people who go to Coffee Time are immigrants like Vietnamese who don't speak English very well. Native Canadians / Aboriginals who pand handle the place, inside and out. That's all I ever see inside of those places.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10495 posts
754 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:01 am
I think the idea is they want to distance themselves away from the stigma of just a donut place and more of a one stop dining experience whatever your perversion.

Just found a new spot downtown called cops coffee and donuts. Just coffee and donuts
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13588 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:55 am
Just found a new spot downtown called cops coffee and donuts. Just coffee and donuts
Even they are "Cops" or "Cops treats" as far as looking online goes, but does their storefront signage actually read "Cops donuts"? ➡ https://www.copstreats.com/
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13588 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
amz155 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:13 am
Lots of places...if you search for donut or doughnut:

https://www.toronto.ca/health/dinesafe/ ... search.htm
Thanks to the little guys. Good for them.
They are few and far between and they're also charging a premium for their doughnut.
If you just want a dollar doughnut, none of the big guys are keeping the name doughnut in their name.

Dinesafe is also wrong. They have some places include the name donuts when there is no "Donuts" in the name at all
ie Dine safe lists coffee time as "Coffee time donuts" but that is not what the signage reads: https://www.google.com/maps/place/2195+ ... 79.2729076