Off Topic

does anybody buy lottery tickets online at PlayOLG?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 6:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2019
1 posts

does anybody buy lottery tickets online at PlayOLG?

I know the rule says you have to be physically in Ontario to login and buy tickets each time you play but what happens if you buy tickets through a subscription?
You just have to be in Ontario to sign up for one and then as long as you have sufficient funds, you'll be getting a ticket automatically for every draw. Of course, you have to be an Ontario resident to begin with but if you travel overseas or even just outside of Ontario, you still get a chance to play if you signed up for a lottery subscription.
But what happens if one of the subscribed tickets win a major prize? will playolg keep it from you for "disobeying" their rule aka not having been physically in ontario when the purchase was made?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9256 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
play123 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:12 am
I know the rule says you have to be physically in Ontario to login and buy tickets each time you play but what happens if you buy tickets through a subscription?
You just have to be in Ontario to sign up for one and then as long as you have sufficient funds, you'll be getting a ticket automatically for every draw. Of course, you have to be an Ontario resident to begin with but if you travel overseas or even just outside of Ontario, you still get a chance to play if you signed up for a lottery subscription.
But what happens if one of the subscribed tickets win a major prize? will playolg keep it from you for "disobeying" their rule aka not having been physically in ontario when the purchase was made?
Since you play you should know. Also their live chat feature is a good spot for answers.

The answer is yes you can still play. Whatever you win is put in your account. Whether that's a free play or a few $.

You will also get an email saying you're a winner but it wo t tell you what you won until you're able to log in.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
4412 posts
254 upvotes
play123 wrote:
As long as you purchase the subscription while you are present in Ontario, you are OK. It does not matter where you travel to and live or vacation while the subscription is active. You are still entitled to all winnings.

The same applies if one buys a ticket in a retail store. For example, you walk into a store on a Monday and buy a Lotto Max ticket. Then you travel out of country and are out of country on the Friday of the draw. You are still entitled to all winnings. The time and location of purchase is the only factor. Not where you are when the draws occur.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world and the best chances to win!
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39680 posts
3740 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
play123 wrote:
Another way to circumvent this is to join an online subscription lotto pool!
I actually run one on RFD. What we do is collect $30 per person and play 10 draws of 649 in a row.
We also make “single draw” lotto pools when 649 or lottomax has a large jackpot.

We’re a pretty tight knit team & we’ve been playing for years. Theres a link to the threAd in my signature. A new one is coming up soon. If you like i could send you an email when the next one is up.