Automotive

does anybody know what canadian tire charges for tire installation?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2009 9:05 am
May 30, 2009
140 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal

does anybody know what canadian tire charges for tire installation?

they have a sale on some michelin tires, buy 1 second 1 half price. Sounds like a good deal depending how much they care for tire installation. Or should I stay away from them because of the crappy service I may get?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15662 posts
1209 upvotes
GTA West
The general sentiment on RFD is that you should not be going to CT in the first place because they create more problems in your car than they solve.

Did you compare with other shops to see if CT has marked up their Michelin product so this sale just drops it to regular price?
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5450 posts
288 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Above is right. if you find a local independant tire chain, you should be able to get the same or better price on those tires? Which model and type of tire from Michelin were the ones you were interested in?
Regards,
--
m4gician
I like to detail cars. If you have any detailing questions I'd love to help! Tweet or Email anytime!
May 19, 2009
467 posts
14 upvotes
Belleville
qqq17 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2009 7:14 pm
they have a sale on some michelin tires, buy 1 second 1 half price. Sounds like a good deal depending how much they care for tire installation. Or should I stay away from them because of the crappy service I may get?
You just answered your own question. Do yourself a huge favor and save a huge amount of money by going somewhere else...ANYWHERE else!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4068 posts
124 upvotes
+1 on avoid canadian tire
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19719 posts
1472 upvotes
At CT installation (and mounting) are "free"; it's the balancing you have to pay for. Since you must balance tyres when they are mounted, this is just a roundabout way of saying you're paying for "installation".

As a quick reference for you for different tyre "installation" terms usually the following terms mean the following things when it comes to buying tyres:

Mounting = removing old tyres on wheels (if present) and putting the new tyres on the wheels.

Balancing = balancing the wheels (with weights) after the new tyres are mounted on them.

Installation = usually refers to the removing and reinstallation of wheels on the vehicle.
× < >