Cell Phones

Does anyone actually prefer iPhone 8 over iPhone 10/X?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 5:30 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1217 posts
320 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:18 pm
my gf got an 8 about a month ago and I got my X last week. The X is obviously a superior phone.

The iPhone 8 pros you've mentioned above are all valid (especially if you have expensive cases/a lot of cases from your iPhone 6). I have like $400 in battery cases for my 7 that are now useless to me.

Try out the X at an apple store and see what you think. But if you prefer the smaller/lighter phone/home button and are ok with the smaller screen then it's a no brainer to go for the 8.
So you YOLO'd the X after all? Why not I guess. YOLO
#YOLO
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
notfromqc wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:57 pm
So you YOLO'd the X after all? Why not I guess. YOLO
#YOLO
Yup for me its #IHNSC

I have no self control
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
381 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I think I'm still leaning towards the iPhone 8 . . . I might give the "X" style phone a try in a couple of years when the iPhone XI/11 is released (and the inevitable bugs are worked out). For my personal preferences I think the advantages of the 8 outweigh the advantages of the X/10 (especially the presence of a home button).

I played around with the iPhone X/10 a little at the Apple store and I wasn't amazed by it -- it just felt like an iPhone without a home button.
Aug 23, 2017
54 posts
38 upvotes
Quebec
The best iPhone currently available is not the X, it's the SE ;)

OK, so I prefer the smaller form-factor, but between the 8 and the X, I'd take the 8 too. I'm far from being an early-adopter, and the X feels and sounds too much like a "version 1.0 beta" of what the next generation of iPhones will be like. I would stick with the tried-and-tested old-style phone for the next year or two until the major bugs and problems are ironed out, no way I want to pay $1300+ to be a beta tester for Apple.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3611 posts
603 upvotes
Brampton ON
jimprdx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:18 pm
The best iPhone currently available is not the X, it's the SE ;)

OK, so I prefer the smaller form-factor, but between the 8 and the X, I'd take the 8 too. I'm far from being an early-adopter, and the X feels and sounds too much like a "version 1.0 beta" of what the next generation of iPhones will be like. I would stick with the tried-and-tested old-style phone for the next year or two until the major bugs and problems are ironed out, no way I want to pay $1300+ to be a beta tester for Apple.
The S version are the good one, from 3gs to 6s+. Waiting for the 8s or the Xs.
As-salamu alaykum
Freedom Mobile $21 10gb
BYOP ( Plan * 24months + Phone )
Contract ( Plan * 24months - Phone - GC )

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26151 posts
6049 upvotes
GTHA
d1ulove3 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:12 pm
The S version are the good one, from 3gs to 6s+. Waiting for the 8s or the Xs.
Some people have the opinion that the 8 should have be named the 7s, since the 8 is an incremental upgrade to the 7.
May 8, 2009
1687 posts
447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:22 pm
Some people have the opinion that the 8 should have be named the 7s, since the 8 is an incremental upgrade to the 7.
@tk1000 do such "some people" include you? What's your opinion on that matter?
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Aug 31, 2017
183 posts
48 upvotes
Save your money if you have 6 and don't get an 8. Not worth it.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26151 posts
6049 upvotes
GTHA
titaniumtux wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:34 pm
@tk1000 do such "some people" include you? What's your opinion on that matter?
I don't have an opinion it this matter.
My focus is on the iPhone X, planning to get an iPhone X next year. ;)
Jul 25, 2015
368 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If you have a 6 or a 7, I think you should keep it and wait until the next iPhone over the 8. I was pretty sure I wasnt going to get the X and leave the Apple ecosystem as I have a ipad and Apple TV. Thats how disappointmenting the 8 was to me. What changed my mind was a great deal from Videotron to get a X. So I got a X instead.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
381 posts
37 upvotes
I would have ben happy to kep my iPhone 6 until just two weeks ago when the battery started acting up and the phone is now very slow compared to what it used to be. For example, hen I open the camera app I get a black scree for 2-3 seconds before the camera even comes up (and it used to be nearly instant). Even navigating menus (such as in email) is clunky compared to what it used to be. I just want a responsive phone again :(
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Lol @ people saying keep the 6 and don’t get an 8.

A 6 to an 8 is a MASSIVE upgrade in pretty much every facet except for form factor
6s to an 8? Meh
7 to an 8? Hell no
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jul 25, 2015
368 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
VifferFun wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:29 pm
I would have ben happy to kep my iPhone 6 until just two weeks ago when the battery started acting up and the phone is now very slow compared to what it used to be. For example, hen I open the camera app I get a black scree for 2-3 seconds before the camera even comes up (and it used to be nearly instant). Even navigating menus (such as in email) is clunky compared to what it used to be. I just want a responsive phone again :(
Backup the phone and do a factory reset.
Jul 25, 2015
368 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:11 am
Lol @ people saying keep the 6 and don’t get an 8.

A 6 to an 8 is a MASSIVE upgrade in pretty much every facet except for form factor
6s to an 8? Meh
7 to an 8? Hell no
I have a 5 before I moved to the X. Some people can deal with it.
Dec 16, 2015
707 posts
284 upvotes
Canada
The X got much better camera than 8

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)