Off Topic

Does anyone else find it rude/annoying when someone beside you is playing their videos at full volume on their phone?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 12:07 pm
[OP]
Feb 16, 2018
571 posts
526 upvotes

Does anyone else find it rude/annoying when someone beside you is playing their videos at full volume on their phone?

Does anyone else find it extremely rude or irritating when someone beside them is on their phone or ipad and has their volume cranked so everyone around them can hear the game they are playing or the movie they are watching? This seems to be more and more common with each passing day..

Sitting in a Dr. Office or waiting at one of my kids soccer practices there always seems to be someone on their phone playing a game or watching a video with the volume cranked so everyone around them can hear it. I just find it very rude and disrespectful. I don't need to hear you playing your Angry Birds game or hear your kids watching the latest you tube video or tiktok video for the next 30-60 minutes.

My kids are never allowed to put their volume on in these places out of respect for disturbing the other people waiting, if they need to hear they can put on their headphones. Whatever happened to respecting the other around you?
25 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29541 posts
15395 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes to all of the above.
I don't care to hear what you're watching, playing or the details of your phone conversation.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11581 posts
6406 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Dropping a 20 lbs dumbbell like it's 100 lbs...annoying.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Aug 23, 2019
808 posts
394 upvotes
Tell them to lower the volume and video taping them while doing it.
Watch the tantrum from the parents.
Post on rfd for lawls
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5217 posts
938 upvotes
Montreal
You've obviously met my grandson.
Phils
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20338 posts
4299 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Carry some Bluetooth speakers and blast it. When they complain ignore them.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
1745 posts
1190 upvotes
Canada
Atleast its not pron sound
[OP]
Feb 16, 2018
571 posts
526 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2019 7:36 am
Carry some Bluetooth speakers and blast it. When they complain ignore them.
I actually did something like this and my wife was quite horrified, hence part of the reason why I posted. I was at the walk in clinic with my wife and son and in a grumpy mood overall and there was some clown who was playing some game on his phone with the volume jacked all the way up. After listening to it for 10 minutes I picked up my phone and my sons Ipad sat next to him put on some music and cranked the volume on both of them to max.

I just got fed up with this situation everywhere I go.

I got some weird looks from some people and a "that was awesome" from some random lady but the guy got the hint.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2018
571 posts
526 upvotes
Phils wrote:
Dec 1st, 2019 7:04 am
You've obviously met my grandson.
Why not tell him to turn it off or have him wear headphones? Kids may not know better depending on the age but you certainly should
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2774 posts
597 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yes annoying, the wife does it all hte time but she is playing stupid crap videos from insta graham and face book and garbage book and garbage graham
Hi
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41313 posts
5047 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Also the people who have loud phone conversations.
Like really loud and non stop chatter.
Its always a foreign language (bc Toronto 1/2 the people are) so i wonder.., what are you guys talking about it sounds so important?
Probably asking wife whats for dinner... lol
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11812 posts
5336 upvotes
Toronto
people listening to their crap music on the subway without headphones is my favourite.

or recently on vacation, selfish a-holes showed up at the hotel pool with a bluetooth speaker to blast their own music....when there was already music being played by the hotel.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)