Shopping Discussion

Does anyone here have experience with pre-orders from Best Buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes

Does anyone here have experience with pre-orders from Best Buy?

I pre-ordered a Fitbit Versa from Best Buy (I won a $100 BB gift card) and it's supposed to release on April 16.

The weird thing is, on bestbuy.ca it says 'Free delivery arrives as early as Apr 16.'. While on the Best Buy app, it says it will be delivered by Apr 16.

Does anyone here have experience with pre-orders with Best Buy? Do orders usually arrive on release day or before?

I'm just wondering because I'm heading out of town on the 17th and if my order won't arrive on the 16th, I'll just buy it in store.
6 replies
Nov 7, 2011
290 posts
336 upvotes
AGASSIZ
I did a preorder on my Instant Pot Ultra, they said it would approx three weeks.
That was fine as i was not in a hurry.
It arrived 5 days later, I suspect that the max date quoted is what will be in the worst case.
But it can also arrive anytime before that as well.
Nov 29, 2014
31 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I pre ordered Google Home last year when it was released in Canada. It said similar language about “on or before”. I guess they received a lot of questions about the timing because they later sent out an email stating that Google Home would be shipped on its actual release date. Sure enough, on the release date I received notification that it had shipped and received it a few days later. Hopefully that helps!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
FierySpirit wrote: I pre ordered Google Home last year when it was released in Canada. It said similar language about “on or before”. I guess they received a lot of questions about the timing because they later sent out an email stating that Google Home would be shipped on its actual release date. Sure enough, on the release date I received notification that it had shipped and received it a few days later. Hopefully that helps!
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
Called Best Buy yesterday and they said they never ship pre-orders before the release date. Woke up today and I got a shipping ID on my order and my credit card got charged. No tracking info yet unfortunately.

Wonder if it will ship before Monday?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Called Best Buy yesterday and they said they never ship pre-orders before the release date. Woke up today and I got a shipping ID on my order and my credit card got charged. No tracking info yet unfortunately.

Wonder if it will ship before Monday?
To any other impatient pre-orderers from Best Buy in the future: the CS rep on the phone was wrong. They shipped my order on Friday evening and it arrived today (Monday) the release date of my item. Not bad at all. I would've been disappointed if I pre-ordered and it arrived after release day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)