Automotive

Does anyone know how much Walmart charges to install winter tireS?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2008 10:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3251 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough

Does anyone know how much Walmart charges to install winter tireS?

I Need winter tires install and ballanced do you know how much Walmart and CND charge for that?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4154 posts
154 upvotes
North York
Pick up the phone or go to the store and find out!

Geez, the laziness of people these days....... :mad:
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?[/B] If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1813 posts
30 upvotes
JAGpilot wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 9:55 am
Pick up the phone or go to the store and find out!

Geez, the laziness of people these days....... :mad:
I disagree, I think it takes more time to log on the net, post the question, and wait a few hours to finally have your question answered...And then you go to Walmart and you tell them how much it should cost. lol
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2317 posts
189 upvotes
MY guess is that it may vary from region to region but in Ottawa it was listed as ~$54 for a "seasonal" changeover (which means they pry off the tires and then mount your other set and balance). Otherwise something like 11.50 to mount and then another ~5 to balance I think per tire if you have only one you needed to get done (maybe if you had a flat tire or something).

Scottie wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 9:41 am
I Need winter tires install and ballanced do you know how much Walmart and CND charge for that?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2562 posts
263 upvotes
it's around $15 per tire. $10.5 to balance and $5 to install. the install is free if you buy walmart tires.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2562 posts
263 upvotes
I had OK tires or another company with tires iin their name install and balance my tires for $20 each. he added on 6.5 for shop supplies/recycle . with tax it was around $100. I didnt like the 6.5 added on above quote. i supplied the tires. should i have paid the recycle fee? i know it is normally $16 for four tires.
Jun 27, 2004
816 posts
26 upvotes
Kitchener
It was $36+tax for us at Costco (Kitchener) to install 4 new tires (bought from Tirerack) on existing rims. We kept the old tires and donated to a friend with a similar car, otherwise there would have been an additional tire disposal fee. Anyone thinking about spending $100 might want to consider buying a Costco membership! (or not, if the lure of Costco "sales" are too much! ;) )
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2002
1304 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
brendonp wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 3:52 pm
It was $36+tax for us at Costco (Kitchener) to install 4 new tires (bought from Tirerack) on existing rims. We kept the old tires and donated to a friend with a similar car, otherwise there would have been an additional tire disposal fee. Anyone thinking about spending $100 might want to consider buying a Costco membership! (or not, if the lure of Costco "sales" are too much! ;) )
Didn't know Costco does change over for non-Costco bought tires. Did you book an appointment with them?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2317 posts
189 upvotes
This seems to vary by location - when I asked they said they no longer do so for non-Costco purchased tires. Of course this may also have to do with timing (just before winter/just before summer).
f00kie wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 4:53 pm
Didn't know Costco does change over for non-Costco bought tires. Did you book an appointment with them?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6581 posts
623 upvotes
Alberta
f00kie wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 4:53 pm
My local Costco has a sign that states that they will not do change overs on non-Costco purchased tires. Not sure if this is year round or just the busy time of year.

Dave
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11422 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Scottie wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 9:41 am
I would hope the "deal addict" here would be asking something more then just their original post.

Are you sure you are not asking "What is the best place to install and balance winter tires cheaply?" That is more to the likes of a RFD Deal Addict :)
Jul 29, 2007
62 posts
3 upvotes
Crappy Tire does it for $67 plus taxes. I think I'd trust crappy to do a better job than Wally World. But not by much.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2317 posts
189 upvotes
Actually, I'll be going in again to give CT their 3rd attempt at balancing the tires. (2nd visit I went there, I was told that they just found out that the machine they used on the initial install "wasn't calibrated right" and that it corrected now). Price to balance when you buy the tires from them is $12/tire +txes ("mounting" is free).
fastcat7 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2008 2:48 pm
Crappy Tire does it for $67 plus taxes. I think I'd trust crappy to do a better job than Wally World. But not by much.
Oct 6, 2006
18 posts
toronto
theres a shop in markham around Hwy 7/McCowan that installs and balance 4 tires for $40

360 Auto Services
20 Heritage Rd, unit 15
905-910-0854
× < >