Food & Drink

Does anyone know what happen to Roasted Red pepper Grill Miss Vickie's chip?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 2:55 am
Tags:
None
Jun 12, 2009
232 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

Does anyone know what happen to Roasted Red pepper Grill Miss Vickie's chip?

I used to really love this chip and buy it all the time.

But it suddenly disappered one day and no store has it now. -_-

it looks like this.
http://www.missvickies.ca/en/prod-redpepper.php

Every time I have a chance to visit a new grocery store, I check for this chip but I can't find any.

ps. Sorry if this is posted in wrong section.
15 replies
Mar 3, 2008
296 posts
127 upvotes
Calgary
I went to my local RCSS to check for you and I couldn't find this flavour either so it's probably discontinued. However, they do have a new flavour, "Balsamic Vinegar and Sweet Onion" and I really liked it, I'm sure you will too.
Jun 12, 2009
232 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
lol..thanks for the posts.
djherbal1 wrote: They seem to be discontinued as they aren't on the product page anymore:
http://www.missvickies.ca/en/prod.php
Althought it shows up at History page if you click 2006.

http://www.missvickies.ca/en/history.php

sillysimms wrote: As djherbal1 posted, it is likely discontinued if they no longer show it on their website.

To find out 100%, you could send them a quick message online asking them:

http://www.missvickies.ca/en/contact.php
Sadly, out of my desperation, I have tried and did not receive a response back.
It just seems so weird for a chip to be discontinue without any trace of a news. It tasted so good and it was always sold out whenever I visited any grocery store.
Sigh, too bad I can't no longer taste it's finger-licking-goodness. I'll try the sweet onion flavour next time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
rubin303 wrote: Sadly, out of my desperation, I have tried and did not receive a response back.
It just seems so weird for a chip to be discontinue without any trace of a news. It tasted so good and it was always sold out whenever I visited any grocery store.
Sigh, too bad I can't no longer taste it's finger-licking-goodness. I'll try the sweet onion flavour next time.
Chances are they are discontinued, but you can always call them. Their contact page says they can't respond to all messages - not the best customer service, but they recommend you call them at 1-866-264-2056
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
You could always try and makeyour own chip seasoning/

I know you can get mrs dash with red peepper andtomato flakes in it
or pc has these seasoning spice grinders.

They no longer carry my favorite popcorn flavor at kernels and it is 2 hours away...so I just make my own seasoned popcorn now.
they never have the ketchup,saltand vinegar flavor any more.
and they closed the one at the mall nearest me :(

I also tried making my own chips at home and if you bother you will think bagged chips are kind of 'stale" tasting.
but it is kind oftime consuming so i never make c hips often.
Jun 12, 2009
232 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Bookpreviews wrote: You could always try and makeyour own chip seasoning/

I know you can get mrs dash with red peepper andtomato flakes in it
or pc has these seasoning spice grinders.

They no longer carry my favorite popcorn flavor at kernels and it is 2 hours away...so I just make my own seasoned popcorn now.
they never have the ketchup,saltand vinegar flavor any more.
and they closed the one at the mall nearest me :(

I also tried making my own chips at home and if you bother you will think bagged chips are kind of 'stale" tasting.
but it is kind oftime consuming so i never make c hips often.
lol this might be crazy enough to work. I'll try thanks.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Is it gone just from Canada? Or also absent internationally?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Jun 30, 2018
1 posts
Actually I wondered the same thing. I thought it was the best flavor Miss Vickie's had. So I called them to find out what happened to it. I guess some people didn't have the same idea towards it. It wasn't getting great sales so they discontinue the flavor.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
JasonB86516 wrote: Actually I wondered the same thing. I thought it was the best flavor Miss Vickie's had. So I called them to find out what happened to it. I guess some people didn't have the same idea towards it. It wasn't getting great sales so they discontinue the flavor.
Well then, I hope they fired the market research team that told them that this product would sell well.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
canadianstephen wrote: I went to my local RCSS to check for you and I couldn't find this flavour either so it's probably discontinued. However, they do have a new flavour, "Balsamic Vinegar and Sweet Onion" and I really liked it, I'm sure you will too.
I remember eating those a couple months ago. They have another new one which tastes terrible. I forgot the name of it but I remember the new one with sour cream was really good. I bought that one first, and thought the other new one must be great too!! Nope.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote: I remember the new one with sour cream was really good. I bought that one first, and thought the other new one must be great too!! Nope.
Sour cream & Onion is a great classic but now it's Sour cream and "Caramelized Onion"...If their goal is to try and sound more upscale, I think they've done it. lol
I have not tried that flavour yet though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)