Shopping Discussion

Does the Bay pricematch/beat competitors?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2009 8:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2007
6257 posts
185 upvotes
Edmonton

Does the Bay pricematch/beat competitors?

Just wondering.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
On big ticket items like appliances they do PM, we got a 5% discount off the BB price on a washing machine. But lots of appliances have individual model names that other stores dont carry.
Jun 29, 2008
361 posts
23 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote: On big ticket items like appliances they do PM, we got a 5% discount off the BB price on a washing machine. But lots of appliances have individual model names that other stores dont carry.
do you know if they will honour that when they do the "get an extra 10% off when you use your hbc card" weekends?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
justamy wrote: do you know if they will honour that when they do the "get an extra 10% off when you use your hbc card" weekends?
I think it depends on the salesperson. Usually, the 10% discount doesn't work on electronics/appliances. Last time I PMed, they didn't give me extra 10% off if I opened an account.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
nguyentri wrote: I think it depends on the salesperson. Usually, the 10% discount doesn't work on electronics/appliances. Last time I PMed, they didn't give me extra 10% off if I opened an account.
Yep. They might give you the 10% off the posted price but I highly doubt you'll get it off the PM price.
Dec 28, 2007
237 posts
31 upvotes
FYI, the Bay's Major Home Fashions Department (Major Appliances, Electronics and Mattresses) is ALWAYS exempt from these promotions (i.e. Customer Appreciation Days and new account discounts).

You will receive $10 off (and not 10% off) when you are approved for a new Hbc Credit or Hbc MasterCard. This is not a new rule -- this exemption has been in place for many, MANY years!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
nerdnik wrote:
You will receive $10 off (and not 10% off) when you are approved for a new Hbc Credit or Hbc MasterCard. This is not a new rule -- this exemption has been in place for many, MANY years!
It's 10%. Sears gives $10 iirc.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
Does the Bay price match with Visions, Future Shop, Best Buy on tvs?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4684 posts
24734 upvotes
Canada
Hugh Jass wrote: It's 10%. Sears gives $10 iirc.
There was instore poster stating that the new card discount for electronics is $10 off and 10% off for furniture and mattresses.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)