Shopping Discussion

Does Best Buy price guarentee(or match) bundles withiin a period?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 2:43 pm
[OP]
Jun 12, 2004
829 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto

Does Best Buy price guarentee(or match) bundles withiin a period?

I plan on buying a console for cousins, but im afraid if our "canadian black friday" rolls around and they bundle it with something more, will Best Buy honor and give me that bundle as a price guarentee or no? Should I wait?
-"The subconscious is a state in which reality is just a vistor."-
-"A makeshift salvation is nothing but deception"-
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1912 posts
828 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Aegis wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:14 pm
I plan on buying a console for cousins, but im afraid if our "canadian black friday" rolls around and they bundle it with something more, will Best Buy honor and give me that bundle as a price guarentee or no? Should I wait?
What did you discover when you looked at their PM policy online?
What did you discover when you looked at the thread on RFD that would have appears on the first page of posts for this forum when you posted your question, and still does when I'm writing this reply?

You're welcome.

When it comes to bundles, if it's not the same bundle, they don't price match because they're not the same.
As for your second question, I would wait until you're ready or need to buy.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Jun 12, 2004
829 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
ALLCAPS wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:11 pm
What did you discover when you looked at their PM policy online?
What did you discover when you looked at the thread on RFD that would have appears on the first page of posts for this forum when you posted your question, and still does when I'm writing this reply?

When it comes to bundles, if it's not the same bundle, they don't price match because they're not the same.
As for your second question, I would wait until you're ready or need to buy.

All the threads you have linked are regarding price adjustments. I am not asking for a price adjustment. I am asking if I were to buy a Playstation 4 Pro 1TB at 499.99. At black Friday they Offered the Playstation 4 Pro 1TB at 499.99+a Free game if they would honor that. So no, I have not discovered anything with the PM Policy online or The thread on the front page.
-"The subconscious is a state in which reality is just a vistor."-
-"A makeshift salvation is nothing but deception"-
Nov 25, 2004
834 posts
250 upvotes
London
Aegis wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 1:07 pm
All the threads you have linked are regarding price adjustments. I am not asking for a price adjustment. I am asking if I were to buy a Playstation 4 Pro 1TB at 499.99. At black Friday they Offered the Playstation 4 Pro 1TB at 499.99+a Free game if they would honor that. So no, I have not discovered anything with the PM Policy online or The thread on the front page.
it all depends on the person u speak to at bb. the policy says they shouldn't pm anything on black Friday or boxing day. but that dont mean they wont if the person who ur talking to dont care or just wants to make a sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1912 posts
828 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Aegis wrote:
All the threads you have linked are regarding price adjustments.
Well, actually, they're regarding price matching. Price matching includes - in some cases - post-purchase adjustments.

You're welcome.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Sep 26, 2017
58 posts
12 upvotes
Aegis wrote:
Hey there. They will 100% because they have to. I did it last year. When you bring it back, if they say no, then you just say "ok I want to return this console under buyers remorse". You get the refund and then buy the bundle. No competent person will do this and will instead just give you the deal. I did this last year.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2451 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
CillinR833881 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 12:11 pm
Hey there. They will 100% because they have to. I did it last year. When you bring it back, if they say no, then you just say "ok I want to return this console under buyers remorse". You get the refund and then buy the bundle. No competent person will do this and will instead just give you the deal. I did this last year.
If it's a Black Friday only deal, you need to line up or order that bundle online.

Then return the one you have. They aren't going to let you cash in on a deal because you threaten to return the one you have.

It's like buying a TV the day before Black Friday, since the flyer leaked.

Then expecting to casually stroll into Best Buy on Friday afternoon, when the crowd rush has died and expect them to give you the discount for that day but they are out of stock and you decide to threaten them with a return.

It's not going to work.
Sep 26, 2017
58 posts
12 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 12:52 pm
If it's a Black Friday only deal, you need to line up or order that bundle online.

Then return the one you have. They aren't going to let you cash in on a deal because you threaten to return the one you have.

It's like buying a TV the day before Black Friday, since the flyer leaked.

Then expecting to casually stroll into Best Buy on Friday afternoon, when the crowd rush has died and expect them to give you the discount for that day but they are out of stock and you decide to threaten them with a return.

It's not going to work.
Yeah they will. Also you dont really have to "threaten" If you calmly explain it to them and are not an ass about it, they will do it. They did it for me. If you are polite, a sales rep doesnt give a crap that you are playing the system. Its not even "unfair" You are still giving a sale to the store. PS the deals for bundles, or even the tv discount isnt an in store only offer. You can buy it online and lock that price in even if they are out of stock in store and get it. It justmight take a while to deliver.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2451 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
CillinR833881 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:33 pm
Yeah they will. Also you dont really have to "threaten" If you calmly explain it to them and are not an ass about it, they will do it. They did it for me. If you are polite, a sales rep doesnt give a crap that you are playing the system. Its not even "unfair" You are still giving a sale to the store. PS the deals for bundles, or even the tv discount isnt an in store only offer. You can buy it online and lock that price in even if they are out of stock in store and get it. It justmight take a while to deliver.
You might have experienced a one off situation and trying to assume it will work for the majority. That's a fallacy in reasoning.

If it was the case it would be easier to just stroll into Best Buy, but what you want the day before Black Friday or Christmas Eve and casually walk back in on the day of the sale. Everyone would do this and try their best at utilizing their mannerisms.

Black Friday deals are clearly stipulated as only for that day. Additionally none of the stores do returns that day. Maybe you got a break during the Black Friday week in which you can exchange or return products, but they still won't match the deal from a Black Friday exclusive.

Anyways, OP, try your luck, but guaranteed you'll be denied a PM opportunity on Black Friday.