Shopping Discussion

Does Besy Buy have to honour their sale price if temporarily out of stock?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2016 12:07 pm
Sep 23, 2010
6 posts
Toronto

Does Besy Buy have to honour their sale price if temporarily out of stock?

On December 29th, 2015 I bought a 58 inch TV (UN58H5202AFXZC) for the boxing week sale price of $749.00. The website said it was the last one. Yesterday (the 5th of Jan) I got an email saying the website listed the stock incorrectly and in fact there were none. They told me they had cancelled my order and they were sorry. They also offered me a $75 discount which expires Jan 15th. Today their website shows they have online stock. Can I hold them to their original price?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3251 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
superdifficult wrote: On December 29th, 2015 I bought a 58 inch TV (UN58H5202AFXZC) for the boxing week sale price of $749.00. The website said it was the last one. Yesterday (the 5th of Jan) I got an email saying the website listed the stock incorrectly and in fact there were none. They told me they had cancelled my order and they were sorry. They also offered me a $75 discount which expires Jan 15th. Today their website shows they have online stock. Can I hold them to their original price?
You can ask, but they don't have to do anything. They chose not to accept your order, in accordance with the T&C you agreed to when submitting same. You're certainly not in a situation where you can demand anything, especially since it was a Boxing Day sale price. There's no such thing as "Boxing Week". Yeah, they name their sale that, but there's no such thing. :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4909 posts
3829 upvotes
Edmonton
Yes, definitely, hold them to it. If it were me, I would also get them to take the $75 off the sale price of the TV. They are telling you it was a no stock issue and within a day of cancellation, they have stock? If they say no, pull out the big guns...to be continued.
Sep 23, 2010
6 posts
Toronto
ALLCAPS wrote: You can ask, but they don't have to do anything. They chose not to accept your order, in accordance with the T&C you agreed to when submitting same. You're certainly not in a situation where you can demand anything, especially since it was a Boxing Day sale price. There's no such thing as "Boxing Week". Yeah, they name their sale that, but there's no such thing. :)
Dang. I was hoping there was some Consumer Protection thing that I could hold them to despite their T&C. Thanks!
Sep 23, 2010
6 posts
Toronto
Well, after a short and polite conversation, they offered–without me even asking– to knock the price down to the sale price I paid in December. No hassle and no arguing. Colour me impressed!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)