Shopping Discussion

Does Costco do price adjustments?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2017 2:38 am
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
wxw2015 wrote: Do they do price adjustment with online order? Ordered online but saw it on sale in-stores.
Their online prices are typically more than in warehouse because you don't need a membership to shop online and it also accounts for the shipping. For those reasons, I don't think they'd do a price adjustment, but you could buy it in the store and return that one you bought online to the warehouse. Some people think this is unethical, I'm not condoning it one way or the other.
Jan 30, 2013
185 posts
74 upvotes
The easiest way is to buy a new one and return it on the old receipt. My location refused price adjustments many times. Yes, it is a hassle, for both the buyer and Costco (to put it back in place).
Oct 18, 2008
433 posts
126 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I was in the Nanaimo, BC store to buy an item. The clerk at the checkout remarked, "You do know the accessories are also on sale?" I replied that I bought in December, unfortunately 1 week past the 30 day mark. I was told:

The price guarantee is now 45 Days with receipt.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1764 posts
832 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: It's easier than this at my store. I just go to the returns counter and ask for a price adjustment. No questions asked, done in less than a minute.
I've done it once where I bought a computer and sometime later I saw it on sale while i was walking around. Without a receipt I just went to customer service and asked and they refunded me the difference.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1718 posts
1755 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
carmaster wrote: It's so easy. Here are the steps:

1) Buy the product at the sale price
2) Take that same product and return it with your older receipt
agree
I've done this, it's much easier to do price adjustments
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
45 Day Guarantee? I bought a stand mixer on Dec 31 from a local warehouse and starting today it's on-line $80 off. I called on line and they said that I have to deal with the warehouse for any refund however even if they no longer have that product in stock they can refund if it's on sale on line etc.

The question is that based on my purchase date of Dec 31 today is day 45 however the warehouse is closed for BC Family Day a stat. Do you think they'll honor it tomorrow morning as I wasn't able to do it today?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes. They did for me within 30 days after purchase
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Well my purchase is at the 45 day point. I'm in Victoria BC. I think one poster said it was 45 days however the Edmonton Costco this morning, as BC closed today, the gal said it was 30 days. Hrmmm
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
volvik wrote: Well my purchase is at the 45 day point. I'm in Victoria BC. I think one poster said it was 45 days however the Edmonton Costco this morning, as BC closed today, the gal said it was 30 days. Hrmmm
Did you pay with a CC? Check if yours has price protection. Capital one offers up to 60 days price protection.
Price Protection Service
When you use your Capital One card to buy a new item in Canada
that is offered for sale at a lower price within 60 days of purchase,
Price Protection Service pays you the difference up to $100 per
item and $500 per calendar year.
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Oh that's interesting.....yes I did pay with my Capital One Costco card.

I'll check that out!
Mar 3, 2015
52 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Well first of all thanks to Peli33 for pointing out that the Price Protection on the Capital One card is 60 days....an oversight for sure on my part. Next, I went into Costco today and their price protection is in fact 45 days so I was refunded the difference without hesitation. That Kitchenaid Stand Mixer ended up at $299! ......happy customer.

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1072 posts
341 upvotes
Montreal
I was told it has to be within 15 days of the purchase...
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14179 upvotes
Toronto
I just price adjusted a shovel that went on clearance today, it was bought dec 30 and the store still had stock
Nov 15, 2007
25 posts
9 upvotes
TV return is what 90 days?? Price adjustment 15 days, so because I live an hour away and don't get there often it's a while before I return and see a $200 lowering. I go without receipt and am told sorry long past 15 days. Then I say OK I'll bring the TV in next time I am here(they are lighter than they used to be :) ). Just a minute....management says they'll do the adjustment this one time. They at least were smart enough to know a price adjustment was better than a return and a buy of another new TV. Thought I was stupid though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8511 posts
6255 upvotes
Can you do price adjustment for online purchase in store? I bought some item online (costco.ca) couple of weeks back and now the item is listed $20 less (regular price). I could return at the store and repurchase it online but I figure if I can do price adjustment, it will save Costco shipping cost and all the hassle. I have yet opened the item, it's still sealed in the box
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Ask online customer support first. They may do it from their end without need to visit a warehouse.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8511 posts
6255 upvotes
aqnd wrote: Ask online customer support first. They may do it from their end without need to visit a warehouse.
Thanks. I found the info online. I could call or submit the form. But I found out my item was actually just past 30 days (I thought it was only 2 weeks). So if I want the discount, I guess I must buy another one and return the other one at the warehouse
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1206 posts
128 upvotes
carmaster wrote: It's so easy. Here are the steps:

1) Buy the product at the sale price
2) Take that same product and return it with your older receipt
You don't need the old receipt to return.

TIP: Once you purchase the same product at the clearance price, you can literally head to returns counter on the way out. Your new purchases don't show on their computer system until the next day.

They will automatically scan them at the old price.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Can you do price adjustment for online purchase in store? I bought some item online (costco.ca) couple of weeks back and now the item is listed $20 less (regular price). I could return at the store and repurchase it online but I figure if I can do price adjustment, it will save Costco shipping cost and all the hassle. I have yet opened the item, it's still sealed in the box
Will Costco.ca honour a promotional price after an order is placed?
In the event that an item purchased on Costco.ca is offered on our website at a lower price within 30 days of your order being placed, we will gladly credit you for the difference of current pricing.

Simply contact Costco.ca Customer Service with your order confirmation number for assistance.

If your purchase was made at a Costco Canada warehouse location, please visit the membership counter at your local Costco Canada warehouse.
https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... l/a_id/569

Yes for Price Adjustment in-store or online
Mar 19, 2009
440 posts
250 upvotes
I did a price adjustment over email on an online order past 30 days successfully. However, they also notified me that this was an one-time price adjustment over 30 days and they would put a note in my account noting that they wouldn't do this again, which made me mad feeling like it was a bad record of me asking for price adjustment over 30 days. My wife did a price adjustment over the phone on an item over the phone the next day and didn't get this kind of treatment.