Wheels and Tires

Does Costco put new tire/wheel combo on cars after purchasing new tires from them?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2018 7:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 4, 2017
13 posts
4 upvotes

Does Costco put new tire/wheel combo on cars after purchasing new tires from them?

Hi,
I am currently having summer tires/wheels on my vehicle. I have another set of 4 rims with NO tires on.

I want to buy a set of new winter tires from Costco and mount them on the spare set of 4 rims. They have $15 installation package to mount tires on rims and balance etc. I want to know if they will swap out my current summer tire/wheel set and install the 2nd new winter tire/wheel set into my vehicle. Is this an extra charge or included in the $15 package.

Thank you.
Last edited by XiongliangL781212 on Oct 18th, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8154 posts
4394 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Not sure what you mean by your question.

If you mean if they'll remove your current summers and mount the new winters on your existing rims, then yes, it's part of the $15/tire installation fee. It would be no different than removing old throwaway tires and putting the new ones on.

If you mean if they'll remove your current summers, mount the new winters on existing rims, AND THEN take your summers and put it on another set of rims, then I'm sure that's extra.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Nov 4, 2017
13 posts
4 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 2:47 pm
Not sure what you mean by your question.

If you mean if they'll remove your current summers and mount the new winters on your existing rims, then yes, it's part of the $15/tire installation fee. It would be no different than removing old throwaway tires and putting the new ones on.

If you mean if they'll remove your current summers, mount the new winters on existing rims, AND THEN take your summers and put it on another set of rims, then I'm sure that's extra.
Sorry not being clear enough. I have a separate set of 4 rims. I want Costco to mount new tires on the set of 4 rims. Then remove the summer tires/wheels from my vehicle and mount the other set of new tires/wheels on the same vehicle.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1609 posts
459 upvotes
GTA
XiongliangL781212 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 2:57 pm
Sorry not being clear enough. I have a separate set of 4 rims. I want Costco to mount new tires on the set of 4 rims. Then remove the summer tires/wheels from my vehicle and mount the other set of new tires/wheels on the same vehicle.

Thanks.
Yah they will do this, it's the same amount of work for them. remove wheels, mount tires to rim, Install new wheels.

Actually less work, they don't remove the rubber LOL
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
3988 posts
1635 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't you call and ask them?

Logically, it makes sense for customers to get a free seasonal swap out of this but from Costco's point of view, they are removing old wheels and installing new tires on new wheels and now you want Costco to install them onto the car too. Dont be surprised if that would be their arguement or any other tire shops for that matter. Or just pick it up after install and balance and do it yourself at home.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6323 posts
4821 upvotes
North York
another person rather ask strangers on internet forum than pick up the phone and call costco?
[OP]
Nov 4, 2017
13 posts
4 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 3:13 pm
Couldn't you call and ask them?

Logically, it makes sense for customers to get a free seasonal swap out of this but from Costco's point of view, they are removing old wheels and installing new tires on new wheels and now you want Costco to install them onto the car too. Dont be surprised if that would be their arguement or any other tire shops for that matter. Or just pick it up after install and balance and do it yourself at home.
I am in Ottawa area. Try to call local Costco tire centers numerous times for different locations. No one answers the call from any of the local stores.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27424 posts
13355 upvotes
Ottawa
XiongliangL781212 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 3:25 pm
I am in Ottawa area. Try to call local Costco tire centers numerous times for different locations. No one answers the call from any of the local stores.
Good luck getting a convenient appointment...you're going to have to go in during the day.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1006 posts
356 upvotes
York Region
konsensei wrote:
another person rather ask strangers on internet forum than pick up the phone and call costco?
What did people do before 1995? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11999 posts
2459 upvotes
RFD
XiongliangL781212 wrote:
I feel your pain. I have the same thing happen to me with CDN Tire, Home Depots, actually a lot of the places I call either don't pick up or take many retries to get through. What can you do when they get paid minimum wage and don't want to work?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8154 posts
4394 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
bacalhau4me wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 6:51 pm
What did people do before 1995? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Those were the days.... Now who's in for a game of Doom 2?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!