None
[OP]
Mar 18, 2005
336 posts
273 upvotes
Brossard, Qc

Does GAP have a "price-protection"?

I bought a wool jacket about 2 weeks ago, for $120, and now it's $79.99. :(

Do they have a policy that guarantees their price for 30 days? I have to look for my receipt, but I'm guessing they don't. I was thinking of buying another one, and returning it with the old receipt.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
9 replies
[OP]
Mar 18, 2005
336 posts
273 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Cool, thanks for the quick reply! I'll go back as soon as I find my receipt.

Thanks a lot.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1191 posts
22 upvotes
Gap has always offered a 2 week price adjustment policy! Hopefully you are under that!
[OP]
Mar 18, 2005
336 posts
273 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
I think it's been a bit over 2 weeks now.... :( And the jacket has been worn many times since the purchase. I would have bought a "new" jacket for $79.99 + tax, and returned it using the receipt from the "old" jacket I paid ~$120 + tax.

A bit more of a hassle, as I have to bring it back in the next day, hoping the people who I purchased it from don't remember me. haha.
Banned
Oct 28, 2005
181 posts
J-Money wrote:I think it's been a bit over 2 weeks now.... :( And the jacket has been worn many times since the purchase. I would have bought a "new" jacket for $79.99 + tax, and returned it using the receipt from the "old" jacket I paid ~$120 + tax.

A bit more of a hassle, as I have to bring it back in the next day, hoping the people who I purchased it from don't remember me. haha.
still try it
gap is not like other store that say its 15 day 1 day to late sorry
Jan 12, 2005
741 posts
181 upvotes
Is that a men's jacket with only one visible button on the front? Made of wool? If so, the black one is sold out at Fairview and Scarborough Town Centre, so don't go there.
May 21, 2002
336 posts
44 upvotes
i bought that jacket last week for $129 at STC; went back yesterday and the beige colour equivalent jacket was $79 (the black was sold out)

had my reciept on me, the cashier did the price adjustment for me no problem

give it a shot, g'luck
Aug 10, 2004
470 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
i actually went to GAP today to get a price adjustment.

i bought a couple pairs of ladies dress pants, which are all 19.99 now. for price adjustments, you don't need to bring in the actual jacket, just the receipt will do. however, if u purchased it within 14 days, u'll be able to get the difference back in cash/debit/credit (whichever u used when u purchased it). but if it's over 14 days, they'll put the difference on a gift card for u.

i went to stc today, and i bought the pants like 18 days ago... the girl told me it had to go on a gift card... i hesitated cause i didn't know... and she told me that the gift card can be used at anytime, so it really doesn't matter... in the end, she just offered to put it back on my credit card. so i guess it really depends on who u get.

as for returning it and purchasing it again, their policy is pretty stupid. cause i forgot to bring my $15 gift card from the promo earlier, and couldn't use it yesterday. so i wanted to do a refund and purchase it again using the $15 i remembered to bring today. but with the GAP policy, u can't purchase what u've just returned. u have to find ur size on the shop floor, return the one that u've already purchased, and buy the one that u just found in the store. in the end, it didn't really matter for me cause my dad bought a jacket, and used the $15 GC instead. haha... surprisingly, i think he bought a similar jacket that u have.... it's a wool jacket.. that was originally like $198, but he bought it today for $79.99... haha....

anyways, sorry for the long post, but hope this helps.....
JC