Health & Wellness

Does Goodlife Fitness have deals for parents or seniors?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 4:15 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2009
685 posts
105 upvotes
Hamilton

Does Goodlife Fitness have deals for parents or seniors?

Trying to get back to the gym and this is pretty much the closest to me. I get a corporate plan at $499 a year and my spouse and anyone is my family can get the same deal; up until 25 years old.

My parents live with me because both have some health issues. Part of the reason why I want to join the gym is to take them with. Unfortunately, a plan for them is 250 more.

I was wondering if Goodlife ever has deals for parents or elderly, etc for a more reasonable fee?
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 1st, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More detail in title
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
192 upvotes
Markham, ON
Speak with a staff there. Tell them the situation so you can negotiate...

Tell them how much you are willing to pay. Don't always have to wait for a promo. Are you a regular already? You might have to wait a little so they can ask their manager or something.
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
8 posts
You have talked with manager or senior about your current scenario. You have to go for the negotiation and tell them the exact reason for that. They will definitely take your concern and give you some concession.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7847 posts
4802 upvotes
Honestly— im a gym rat — I see people come and disappear after a month.

People get disciplined to start but can’t keep up.

My advice if it’s possible and may cost a little more initial is go month to month first and see how it goes... if you hold up for 3 months and still go regularly then consider a yearly membership. There is no discount for seniors.

For you and parents to spend all that money and then disappear after a few weeks is a waste. I have nothing against your parents but seeing seniors in the gym is rare unless they have worked out for most of their life.. it’s veyr hard to get seniors in a gym routine when they have never gone before...this is why I would proceed with caution to start.

Good luck
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11395 posts
6203 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I see seniors at YMCA all the time.........
Sanyo wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 5:59 pm
Honestly— im a gym rat — I see people come and disappear after a month.

People get disciplined to start but can’t keep up.

My advice if it’s possible and may cost a little more initial is go month to month first and see how it goes... if you hold up for 3 months and still go regularly then consider a yearly membership. There is no discount for seniors.

For you and parents to spend all that money and then disappear after a few weeks is a waste. I have nothing against your parents but seeing seniors in the gym is rare unless they have worked out for most of their life.. it’s veyr hard to get seniors in a gym routine when they have never gone before...this is why I would proceed with caution to start.

Good luck

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7847 posts
4802 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 6:46 pm
I see seniors at YMCA all the time.........
Yea and many of them have probably been active most of their life and didnt start when they were seniors...
Sep 25, 2017
35 posts
13 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Sanyo wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 7:17 pm
Yea and many of them have probably been active most of their life and didnt start when they were seniors...
Totally disagree.

You'd be amazed at how many have started training in the gym within their senior years due to health scares i.e. previous heart attack, worsening diabetes or blood pressure. Ive even spoke to the odd that start because (approaching senior age) or a new grand child and wanting to just increase conditioning to maintain strength to play with them in the future.

You'll usually see more seniors in gyms that are located in residential areas too (of course because it's easy to get to) rather than downtown city or mall based gyms.

I dont work in a gym, nor am I a senior, just putting it out there that there are more people that start late than one would think.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3808 posts
1603 upvotes
I'm a senior, near 70, and the last time I was in a gym was in high school.

I just use some aerobic exercise DVD's and follow them for a half hour each day. You can borrow them from the library for free.

It's not just about exercise, but what you feed your body. If you're going to continue to eat the standard North American diet that the vast majority seem to love, then I don't think exercise alone is going to resolve their health issues. Best of luck to you and your parents.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4192 posts
6426 upvotes
Ontario
peji911 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 6:55 pm
Trying to get back to the gym and this is pretty much the closest to me. I get a corporate plan at $499 a year and my spouse and anyone is my family can get the same deal; up until 25 years old.

My parents live with me because both have some health issues. Part of the reason why I want to join the gym is to take them with. Unfortunately, a plan for them is 250 more.

I was wondering if Goodlife ever has deals for parents or elderly, etc for a more reasonable fee?
I am not aware of a specific pass for parents or seniors but at the bottom of the GF blog, there is a link for a 3-visit pass. That might be your ticket to get your parents to try the gym for 3 visits. https://blog.goodlifefitness.com/

I've noticed that the Les Chater YMCA on the East Mountain sometimes has special trial pass pricing or special month pricing for new members. You might want to check the website or social media channels. https://www.ymcahbb.ca/Join-the-YMCA/Promotions
2019-roll out the gold carpet! Wins to date: a t-shirt, too many Spotify playlists (not claimed), $25 Indigo gc, $5 Starbucks e-gc