• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2017 2:03 pm
[OP]
Feb 6, 2013
106 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto

Does Hackintosh delete your OS?

I'm interested in installing mac on my laptop but curious how it's done.

Through YouTube video, a YouTuber is using Hackintosh Method to install macos, my question is will it remove my windows 10? or can I use it similar to how one can have Windows XP, 7, and 10 on one PC/Laptop and each time the laptop starts he/she can pick which OS to start running.

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1203 posts
535 upvotes
GTA
Your laptop has to be highly specific to be able to install macos. You'll also need to be highly technical to be able to tinker upon hours if not days of trouble shooting. I would avoid it if you think windows dual boot is the only problem you have on your mind.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1111 posts
258 upvotes
Antarctica
I would only do it if you wanted to mess around with Xcode app development. No iTunes submissions but it is good enough to test your own apps on your hardware etc. That is if you find a Mac prohibitively expensive and also find your current PC to be better hard wise for the same $$$.

Apart from that just dual boot windows with Linux. If you dont game or use windows specific software then Linux is a good daily driver.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
As mentioned your laptop will need to be very specific and parts/etc installed on it.

You are better off adding more RAM to laptop and using VMWARE and virtual disc for MAX OS.
Jan 12, 2017
546 posts
28 upvotes
I strongly suggest you install a fresh HD and experiment from there. I never recommend installing MacOS+WIN on the same drive.. if for any reason 1 partition gets corrupt, you could render your system non-bootable. Feel free to PM me the CPU, GPU and WIFI brand/model #'s, and I'd be glad to let you know if it's natively compliant to OSX.
May 30, 2017
3 posts
It doesn't always delete you windows 10 partition depending on what options you choose but unless you have the no how to install a new bootloader, you will have issues trying to boot into Windows 10 again. Also, as everyone said, you need compatible hardware and probably need to be able to turn secure boot off (assuming your windows 10 PC has that).