Shopping Discussion

Does Indigo/Chapters accept returning "gifts"?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2010 3:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 25, 2009
378 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto

Does Indigo/Chapters accept returning "gifts"?

I got a few books as a birthday present a few days ago, but these are books that I would never read. Can I take them to a Chapters/Indigo and get a gift card or store credit instead? I don't have a gift receipt... These are brand new, never read, mint condition!
5 replies
Apr 6, 2009
49 posts
4 upvotes
From their website:

Returning Gifts
If you received a chapters.indigo.ca order as a gift and would like to return it, you can do so at any of our retail locations.

To return the gift, please bring your item(s) in their original condition, along with the packing slip that came with your gift to any Chapters, Indigo or Coles retail store. You'll receive an Indigo Gift Card equal to the value of your gift, redeemable online or at any of our retail locations.
[OP]
Jun 25, 2009
378 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
julies1949 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2010 12:26 am
From their website:

Returning Gifts
If you received a chapters.indigo.ca order as a gift and would like to return it, you can do so at any of our retail locations.

To return the gift, please bring your item(s) in their original condition, along with the packing slip that came with your gift to any Chapters, Indigo or Coles retail store. You'll receive an Indigo Gift Card equal to the value of your gift, redeemable online or at any of our retail locations.
Yeah, learn to read English and my original post properly. Your reply was of no help whatsoever.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
7983 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
you need a packing slip or receipt, they are anal about it

they might let you exchange to something else but that's about as far as it goes
Nov 17, 2009
251 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
I have been able to get store credit without a receipt. Ask nicely and make sure that the books you are returning are current stock and in mint condition.
Mar 30, 2010
739 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Did the books come from Chapters/Indigo??

They are not a book reseller, try a second hand bookstore if not.
× < >