Cell Phones

Does Koodo usually have any good online hardware deals for existing customers on Black Friday?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 1:48 pm
[OP]
Aug 7, 2019
20 posts
5 upvotes

Does Koodo usually have any good online hardware deals for existing customers on Black Friday?

It seems their gift card offers are almost always for new customers.

I've been waiting to upgrade my existing phone line during Black Friday/Cyber Monday (don't want to do the whole open a new line in stor and cancel thing type of deals). Howdver, with this deal on the P20 [https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-h ... k-2305795/], I'm not sure if I should just upgrade my existing line online now or if it will actually be worth it to wait.

TL; DR: I want to upgrade with Koodo as an existing customer (don't want to do the whole new line and cancel thing). Should I wait until Black Friday or go for this: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-h ... k-2305795/
11 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10468 posts
9632 upvotes
Last BF, Koodo partner retail stores offered GC/pts on hardware upgrade. YMMV. This does not mean that it will happened again this BF.
If you are not looking GC to lower your phone cost, do online HUP at anytime you want.

If you are with Koodo for a long time, you can also call Koodo to get $50 to $100 bill credit to lower your phone cost.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Sep 23, 2014
157 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes, iirc last year Koodo had the free watch promo for P20 pro on tab L, also Iphone XR for $100 tab L at the end of the year. The promos were online so it's for both new and existing customers.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4735 posts
749 upvotes
Last yr I got a smoking hot deal on Note 9 from Koodo, I was existing customer. I got $200 credit on top of the discounted tab (this was better than any deal someone could get even as a new activation). Mind you, generally Koodo offers very big discounts on the regular S line, but Note line & S+ line usually do not receive as hot a deal as regular S line from Koodo, even on BF/BD. Was very happy with my Note 9 deal, as an existing Koodo customer
I am a Koodo customer
Nov 7, 2013
514 posts
134 upvotes
the 604
HP_John wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:59 pm
Last yr I got a smoking hot deal on Note 9 from Koodo, I was existing customer. I got $200 credit on top of the discounted tab (this was better than any deal someone could get even as a new activation).
how did you swing this? i get such "meh" offers from Koodo, even after 10+ years
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3185 posts
2569 upvotes
Muskoka
Yes - Koodo has been very active for the past 3 years during Black Friday that I have noticed
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4735 posts
749 upvotes
AMRadio wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 5:24 am
how did you swing this? i get such "meh" offers from Koodo, even after 10+ years
I don't know, I do have 2 lines with Koodo though, & I think I refer about 4 customers per yr to them in each of the last 2 yrs
I am a Koodo customer
[OP]
Aug 7, 2019
20 posts
5 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:59 pm
Last yr I got a smoking hot deal on Note 9 from Koodo, I was existing customer. I got $200 credit on top of the discounted tab (this was better than any deal someone could get even as a new activation). Mind you, generally Koodo offers very big discounts on the regular S line, but Note line & S+ line usually do not receive as hot a deal as regular S line from Koodo, even on BF/BD. Was very happy with my Note 9 deal, as an existing Koodo customer
Nice! Which tab was it on? (And was it a targetted offer or available to everyone)?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4735 posts
749 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:16 pm
Nice! Which tab was it on? (And was it a targetted offer or available to everyone)?
Tab medium, it was targeted, on BF the regular retailers did not have any extra gift card offer on the Note 9, so there was a good chunk activation credit reducing the upfront cost (which everyone could get on BF), then I got an extra $200 credit on top of that, specific to my account.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
The key factor is whether the current tab system will be around this black Friday. A change to the tab system is apparently imminent.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1546 posts
404 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:32 pm
The key factor is whether the current tab system will be around this black Friday. A change to the tab system is apparently imminent.
That would be very bad. Koodo tab system is clear and transparent now .

I looked at fido system, and it is a math nightmare. They are shamelessly trying to cheat every dollar from an average joe..

Hope Koodo does not follow that path..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6372 posts
3122 upvotes
Canada
Tichi wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 12:30 pm
That would be very bad. Koodo tab system is clear and transparent now .

I looked at fido system, and it is a math nightmare. They are shamelessly trying to cheat every dollar from an average joe..

Hope Koodo does not follow that path..
The average consumer is too dumb too see that. Someone actually arguing in another thread how the Fido system is better because "you don't have to pay additional tab for phone with fido"

I see too many people complaining Koodo tab system is too complex to understand, so they will happily pay higher price at fido or Virgin
Public Mobile and Koodo customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)