Sports & Recreation

Does Nike have a warranty on their shoes?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2006 1:28 am
Tags:
None
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.

Does Nike have a warranty on their shoes?

I haven't bought a pair in many years (but am looking to), but I heard they have a 24 month warranty on them?

How much do they usually range in price from? Upto $200.00?

Specifically looking for Crosstrainer type shoes... Shox?

Foam shoes only last 6 months and for over 1 bill, that's a rip off.
"The great masses of people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. Especially if it is repeated over and over." -- Adolf Hitler

"Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2004
1317 posts
15 upvotes
Yeah- they have a warranty. I had a pair replaced about 2 months ago. That will teach me to wear them all winter long....
Apr 5, 2006
245 posts
Toronto
All nike shoes have a warranty within two years of the manufacturing date, this should the first two numbers of the serial code on the tongue of the shoe.

IE: if a serial is 05969090899-----> this would mean the shoe was made in 2005, and the shoe would be covered untill 2007.

For them to replce it, they have to find a defect with the shoe. If they don't find a defect with it they will just send it back. If they do find a defect you can either get the shoe replaced with a shoe of equal value (but may not be the same style or colour), or you can choose to have them send you a voucher to spend only at one nike location.

You have to call them to register the shoes though, or you can go on their website.
Located in downtown Toronto
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4302 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Just search...theres alot of threads about this...

but ya they do have a warrenty.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1732 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious, what about the Jordon sneakers? I know they have a lifetime warranty, but it's basically the same rules that apply to the other Nike 2 year warranty, right?

I was thinking of getting a pair of Nike Free (Any version), but the older versions on sale had heel problems, correct? I'm assuming that design fault can still make it valid under the 2 year warranty.
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
[OP]
Mar 6, 2006
557 posts
Vancougar, B.C.
So, basically wear and tear is nill right? I seem to wear out foam shoes with little use in 6 months or less and it's ridiculous, but I don't want to spend 200 on Nike's if they are only going to last me a year either.

Nevermind. I'm screwed.
"The great masses of people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. Especially if it is repeated over and over." -- Adolf Hitler

"Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4094 posts
226 upvotes
a pair of shoes usually have a 6 month life... depending on how often they are worn.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Oct 25, 2004
615 posts
don't need a receipt
tim-x wrote:i'd have sex with chuck norris..
Jan 21, 2006
189 posts
Mississauga//Toronto
yea you don't have to have a receipt.. but on returning things they gotta be defective much like how some appliances are defective. Normal wear and tear on a shoe doesn't count.
× < >