Cell Phones

Does Reporting App Crashes Work? Rant on android versions.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2016 8:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge

Does Reporting App Crashes Work? Rant on android versions.

So Starbucks completely updated their app for their new Stars program but this morning whenever I try to place an order on my Samsung Galaxy S7 the app crashes.

This is the 4th time in the last few months I've reported it and nothing seems to be done about it.

What is it with android versions when compared to iOS the difference is night and day.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
I find the app is rather buggy... sometimes my widget doesn't work when I tried to open the app by tapping on it. Curious to see if anyone knows the answer to your question.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
bembol wrote: So Starbucks completely updated their app for their new Stars program but this morning whenever I try to place an order on my Samsung Galaxy S7 the app crashes.

This is the 4th time in the last few months I've reported it and nothing seems to be done about it.

What is it with android versions when compared to iOS the difference is night and day.
Your first mistake is android + Starbucks

Everyone knows that Starbucks is for those who need to write their novel or screenplay on a Mac ONLY.

In all seriousness though I'm sure they know about the issue and are trying to work on it. As for why? Maybe because there's so many different android phones compared to iPhones.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Yeah, no idea if app crash reports get sent to the app developers or not. The Cineplex app won't let me purchase tickets on my Nexus 6p - it crashes every time. Meh.
Feb 18, 2013
272 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary
Yes app crash reports do get sent to the developer. It's all visible in the developer console in Google play. It's up to the developer to pay attention to those reports.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
wearysky wrote: Yeah, no idea if app crash reports get sent to the app developers or not. The Cineplex app won't let me purchase tickets on my Nexus 6p - it crashes every time. Meh.
This too. Reported it many times. Nothing. :(
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)