[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1478 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver

Does Safeway Have a Return Policy?

Hi

I bought something and wondering if I can return in it.

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18045 posts
3141 upvotes
Thornhill
What kind of retailer doesn't post their return policy on the receipt or website. They should get sued.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3511 posts
609 upvotes
Alberta
Safeway does have a return policy. I've returned stuff with no problems a couple of times.
May 28, 2012
9334 posts
1734 upvotes
Saskatoon
coriolis wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:28 pm
What kind of retailer doesn't post their return policy on the receipt or website. They should get sued.
Actually, I just checked one of my Safeway receipts and it doesn't state the return policy, and I also looked on their website and it's not clear there either. Maybe check to see if Sobey's has one listed because Safeway Canada is not related to Safeway USA. I assume it's two weeks with the receipt and longer for their own branded products.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1831 posts
750 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
xiaobao wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:40 pm
Hi

I bought something and wondering if I can return in it.
It would depend on what it is, I guess.

Assuming it's not a new phone that you bought and it's defective, why not pick up your old one and phone the store to ask? Tell 'em what it is and they'll tell you if it's returnable.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9062 posts
1648 upvotes
Toronto
ALLCAPS wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 3:44 am
Assuming it's not a new phone that you bought and it's defective, why not pick up your old one and phone the store to ask? Tell 'em what it is and they'll tell you if it's returnable.
Because that would be too logical. After all this is RFD where people prefer to post silly threads and wait days for a response instead
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1478 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver
Mars2012 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 1:10 am
Actually, I just checked one of my Safeway receipts and it doesn't state the return policy, and I also looked on their website and it's not clear there either. Maybe check to see if Sobey's has one listed because Safeway Canada is not related to Safeway USA. I assume it's two weeks with the receipt and longer for their own branded products.
Yea that's what I did as well, could not find it anything on the receipt and nothing on their website. I now in safeway USA I returned an house hold item(which this is) and had no problems, but I pretty sure it said the return policy on their receipt.