Personal Finance

Does Scene visa automatically connect to Scene account?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2011 9:23 am
Jr. Member
Feb 20, 2008
173 posts
Scarborough

Does Scene visa automatically connect to Scene account?

I recently got a Scene visa, I already had a previous connection to my Scene bank card, my question is would the visa automatically connect to my scene account because when I go to connect accounts on the scene site it says connected but it doesn't specify to which card are connected, any help is appreciated.
12 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, it should be automatically set up with your scene card. Very worth it if you're a movie lover.
Member
Sep 4, 2010
370 posts
33 upvotes
Although it should, just call your bank. Remove any chance of error or doubt. You know what should happen. But nobody here can tell you that it is.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
2428 posts
143 upvotes
Correct me if I am wrong.

But for me, it is worth it to use it only inside the theatres because of the multiple points, otherwise if you claim 100 points for a 3d film which costs about $15 then that is 1.5% return no?

So I still use my CapitalOne Aspire then Scene Visa inside the theatre

But going off topic now LOL
Member
User avatar
Oct 13, 2004
269 posts
9 upvotes
Check your points at scene.ca

It should show how much you've earned from your scene card and your scene visa card.
Member
User avatar
Oct 13, 2004
269 posts
9 upvotes
casperr wrote:
Jul 15th, 2011 9:49 pm
Correct me if I am wrong.

But for me, it is worth it to use it only inside the theatres because of the multiple points, otherwise if you claim 100 points for a 3d film which costs about $15 then that is 1.5% return no?

So I still use my CapitalOne Aspire then Scene Visa inside the theatre

But going off topic now LOL

What's your return on Capitalone? I use my Amex whenever possible because it's 2% cashback. However when they don't take Amex, I use my Scene Visa card.
I figure after $2,500 (not including in the theaters), I'll get 2 free tickets plus popcorn & 2 drinks. The tickets can by 3D and Imax which is very expensive. So perhaps $55 reward for $2,500 spending. About 2%, I think.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1615 posts
393 upvotes
When I applied for a Scene Visa, it asked me to type in my Scene card number. If you weren't required to enter it, I'd double-check with Scotiabank to make sure they have the accounts linked.
Member
Nov 27, 2009
303 posts
23 upvotes
You get 5 points for 1$ at the cineplex. So isnt that a 5% return(assuming 10$ movie, more if u consider 15$imax/3d movies)? You also get 100 scene points if u give them the card when u buy.
So for a 15$ movie at cineplex. you get 15*5 = 75 + 100 points(scene card) = 175 points.

I use the scene Visa only to my buy tickets/food at the cineplex and aspire/amex for everything else.
casperr wrote:
Jul 15th, 2011 9:49 pm
Correct me if I am wrong.

But for me, it is worth it to use it only inside the theatres because of the multiple points, otherwise if you claim 100 points for a 3d film which costs about $15 then that is 1.5% return no?

I still use my CapitalOne Aspire then Scene Visa inside the theatre

But going off topic now LOL
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Musabbir wrote:
Jul 19th, 2011 10:42 am
You get 5 points for 1$ at the cineplex. So isnt that a 5% return(assuming 10$ movie, more if u consider 15$imax/3d movies)? You also get 100 scene points if u give them the card when u buy.
So for a 15$ movie at cineplex. you get 15*5 = 75 + 100 points(scene card) = 175 points.

So I use the scene Visa only to my buy tickets/food at the cineplex and aspire/amex for the everything else.

+1.

Except I use MBNA elsewhere
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
2428 posts
143 upvotes
So does this mean that if I use my Scene Visa for tickets online or cineplex mobile, I dont get that 5 points for $1?
Member
Nov 27, 2009
303 posts
23 upvotes
I am not sure as I have not bought tickets online in a while. I tend to avoid buying these online since you have to print tickets and my printer is out of ink :P.

If I were to guess, then I think it will still count as a Cineplex purchase. In the Scene account history, everything shows up as either cineplex or non-cineplex purchase and this is clearly a cineplex purchase. I might be wrong but I doubt it.
casperr wrote:
Jul 19th, 2011 3:44 pm
So does this mean that if I use my Scene Visa for tickets online or cineplex mobile, I dont get that 5 points for $1?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 4, 2004
3443 posts
351 upvotes
Vancouver
Musabbir wrote:
Jul 19th, 2011 4:02 pm
I am not sure as I have not bought tickets online in a while. I tend to avoid buying these online since you have to print tickets and my printer is out of ink :P.

If I were to guess, then I think it will still count as a Cineplex purchase. In the Scene account history, everything shows up as either cineplex or non-cineplex purchase and this is clearly a cineplex purchase. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

It's all Cineplex, so you get the bonus points. I bought $60 worth of tickets once in one transaction. 300 points from my Scene Visa and 100 points from my Scene Card.. reason being they only give you 100pts per transaction up to 200pts in one day. Still, not bad. You also get 20 bonus points for buying online.
Member
Nov 27, 2009
303 posts
23 upvotes
So that means if you buy 2 tickets(for yourself and perhaps your gf), do it in 2 transactions, then you get 200 points from the scene card. Have to remember that.
lhsonic wrote:
Jul 19th, 2011 4:34 pm
It's all Cineplex, so you get the bonus points. I bought $60 worth of tickets once in one transaction. 300 points from my Scene Visa and 100 points from my Scene Card.. reason being they only give you 100pts per transaction up to 200pts in one day. Still, not bad. You also get 20 bonus points for buying online.
× < >

Top