Automotive

Does the Toronto 3 hours parking by law affect paid parking spaces after hours ?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2015 1:57 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11110 posts
2034 upvotes

Does the Toronto 3 hours parking by law affect paid parking spaces after hours ?

The on-street paid parking is from 9AM-6PM. Are these paid spots included in the 3 hours by law within GTA ?

Edit: Guess it is also included. http://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgebase ... 48098.html

Can somebody confirm ?

[QUOTE]Additional information regarding the rates and hours of operation is provided on each meter or machine. In most cases parking is limited to three hours. Outside of the hours of operation of parking meters and machines, the City of Toronto bylaws limit on street parking on every road in the city, to three hours, unless otherwise posted.
[/QUOTE]
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
3 replies
Apr 9, 2007
36 posts
Toronto, ON
Called the city about this once and was told that as long as nobody complains, they won't ticket. I was specifically asking about overnight parking on streets during the overnight 'free' time. They don't care as long as you're paying when you're supposed to be paying. They don't have the manpower to track how long you've actually beed there so as long as you feed the meter, you're good (unofficially).
Jun 3, 2010
809 posts
215 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I would take it that if you have paid for parking in those pay zones, that it is treated like a parking garage. I paid for the right to park my car there. It is on the free times / non-paid street parking that the 3 hour max would apply. Of course this is also depending on the street signage that exists...those signs overrule the 3 hour max. Usually with something like 1 hour parking.

I don't know if they really "don't have the manpower" though. It isn't difficult for these guys to chalk up your tire and come back in an hour to ticket you. I have had that a number of times on different streets in Toronto. It seems like they HAVE the manpower to do that.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3954 upvotes
Toronto
It's simple.

If it's pay parking until 9 that means after 9 it's 3 hour parking. Assuming no other signage

However they will come and check and they do record how long you are thete for. Also around busy areas they come around more frequently