Shopping Discussion

Does UPS (and others) discourage you from ordering from Amazon/other online retailers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2014 11:35 am

Poll: ...

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1012 upvotes
Hmm...interesting results so far. Over two thirds voting that they'll buy retail at least sometimes to avoid dealing with shipper antics.

If I was Amazon (or any online only retailer) I'd be concerned by how much business we were losing.
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
493 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
stardustcross wrote:
Jan 5th, 2014 12:09 am
Right now where I live, the UPS pick-up is pretty close to me, so I've been okay with that. For some reason, I used to have packages going to the warehouse in the industrial areas, and then suddenly all my UPS packages got re-routed to a nice location close to me in a retail shop of some sort.

I haven't ordered from DELL though. I think they're the ones that use Purolator? Anyway, I went to pick up a package that was being held for me and they shipped it back to the sender before they were supposed to. :/ Even said on the notice I still had time. It was bad because their warehouse was super far away; otherwise I wouldn't have cared as much as it was just a small item.

I wish everyone would just use Canada Post or at least make it clear which shipping company they are going to use. I guess you can always ask, but sometimes with web orders you just want to order quickly and be done with it.

Hello Stardustcross,

I’m so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our services.

I’d like to follow up on this incident, please send me the details and tracking number via private message or at customer.care@purolator.com

Best regards,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1012 upvotes
PurolatorHelp wrote:
Jan 6th, 2014 1:28 pm
Hello Stardustcross,

I’m so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our services.

I’d like to follow up on this incident, please send me the details and tracking number via private message or at customer.care@purolator.com

Best regards,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
This is impressive...doubt UPS would ever do that.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1025 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
NG wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 4:17 pm
This is impressive...doubt UPS would ever do that.
Oh yeah? Well, I don't think it's impressive. It might look good, but my experience with this company has been disastrous. I'm still waiting for a package that was placed in Purolator's hands on Boxing day. No matter how many nice customer service reps you talk to, the bottom line is Purolator doesn't deliver. Never again!
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
493 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
makaturing wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 6:32 pm
Oh yeah? Well, I don't think it's impressive. It might look good, but my experience with this company has been disastrous. I'm still waiting for a package that was placed in Purolator's hands on Boxing day. No matter how many nice customer service reps you talk to, the bottom line is Purolator doesn't deliver. Never again!
Hi makaturing,

If you can email the tracking # to customer.care@purolator.com or send it via PM, we’ll look into the situation. Sorry to hear about this.

Thanks,

Jérémie
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.