Off Topic

Does waking up to hundreds of baby spiders dangling by webs off the ceiling sound wonderful?

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 12:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11019 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto

Does waking up to hundreds of baby spiders dangling by webs off the ceiling sound wonderful?

About a decade ago in Barrie, I woke up and I walked out into the hall. To my horror, I was surrounded by hundreds of tiny spiders slowly descending from the ceiling on webs. I ducked and ran to the stairwell in fear. My guess is that a spider laid hundreds of eggs all over the ceiling, they all hatched at once and the baby spiders began to descend on a string by morning.

I can't imagine had they been in my room and I open my eyes to see them come down on me.

Anyone heard of this happening in houses in southern Ontario?
Santa: Why is there a higgs boson in my sleigh? Me: I put one there sir. Santa: wait, there are tons more between the seat cusions. You lied! There are lots! Get them out of my sleigh! If I find more higgs bosons in there, I will have a conniption.
24 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11019 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
So I just learned that spiders are not laid as I thought. Hundreds are kept in a sack. I guess the Barrie spider released them from the sack then they decided to just 'hang around' for a bit lol

"Honey if the kids piss me off once more I will shrink them and put them into a sack with 500 spiders, that will scare some sense into them"
Santa: Why is there a higgs boson in my sleigh? Me: I put one there sir. Santa: wait, there are tons more between the seat cusions. You lied! There are lots! Get them out of my sleigh! If I find more higgs bosons in there, I will have a conniption.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1116 posts
164 upvotes
I definitely have arachnophobia. So this would be a living hell for me.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14155 posts
985 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 7:38 pm
I would poop my pants.
May be that's what attracted thrm in the first place you nasty ass! Lol
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14155 posts
985 upvotes
gqbluez wrote:
May 16th, 2017 9:07 pm
I definitely have arachnophobia. So this would be a living hell for me.
That sounds contagious... Get it checked out bro.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11019 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:36 am
That sounds contagious... Get it checked out bro.
Maybe they were on the same GO bus as me because I caught it too. That is why those spiders haunt me to this day. I hate spiders now.

It's funny how I love going to the Amazon and even don't mind seeing spiders. I can even touch them in the Amazon if I knew they were not venomous.

So that must mean that my problem comes from confinement in a space with them (in the same room as them, and not know where they are as they move around) In the Amazon, they seem to disperse. Here they seem to make unwanted contact.

Once in Barrie I was sitting in the dark watching the weather network. I felt an itch on my head so I scratched my head only to find a spider crawling on my finger. It must have come down from the ceiling. Ewwww!

And I have never had scary encounters with them outdoors. Only in the house.
Last edited by Ilovejaneandfinch on May 17th, 2017 6:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1224 posts
90 upvotes
OP:
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35633 posts
1923 upvotes
Toronto
One time one of those scary dock spiders crawled on my shoulder. I just remained calm and told myself "be at one with the spider". Bc i didnt wanna get bit.

Then asked my friend if he could brush it off...
I was so creeped out afterwards.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
3927 posts
315 upvotes
Calgary
Spiders are fine. Part of nature's control mechanism
Oct 18, 2014
827 posts
203 upvotes
New York City
Funny you mention this as there was a spider (tiny) in the gym the other day. The spider would set apart the men from the boys.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11019 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
McKinsey wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:05 pm
Funny you mention this as there was a spider (tiny) in the gym the other day. The spider would set apart the men from the boys.
Aaaaaaaaaah! There's a spider on my ball get it off get it off!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel