Off Topic

Does waking up to hundreds of baby spiders dangling by webs off the ceiling sound wonderful?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 8:53 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6862 posts
226 upvotes
Wonder how people deal with it in Australia. I heard those mothers are huge!!!
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3021 posts
508 upvotes
London
bobbings wrote:
May 17th, 2017 6:57 pm
Wonder how people deal with it in Australia. I heard those mothers are huge!!!
when my parents were deciding to move to Australia or Canada that was a concern for my dad, hates spideys and we'd heard about them coming out of toilets down under lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11104 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 9:55 pm
when my parents were deciding to move to Australia or Canada that was a concern for my dad, hates spideys and we'd heard about them coming out of toilets down under lol
So they pick here ...... because of that.....

I rather have ugly spyderz under beautiful warm sunshyn than freeze my @$$ off 8 months a year lolzz
Ok so kitchen is full of spideyz.
Spiders are like, ew.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
Cough wrote:
May 17th, 2017 12:35 pm
Spiders are fine. Part of nature's control mechanism
Agreed. You were fortunate to witness this unusual event. And even if you're not a fan of nature, you just needed to scoop them out of the air with a broom and shake them outside.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3021 posts
508 upvotes
London
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
May 18th, 2017 6:05 am
So they pick here ...... because of that.....

I rather have ugly spyderz under beautiful warm sunshyn than freeze my @$$ off 8 months a year lolzz
The thought of summer all the time freaked them out. My brother was 10 at the time and had reactions to severe heat so seasons were preferred. We had no idea Canada had heatwaves, as evidenced by our July 15th heatwave arrival melting on the runway at Pearson as we all wore sweaters ("it's Canada, how warm can it be hahaha")
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11104 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 5:20 pm
The thought of summer all the time freaked them out. My brother was 10 at the time and had reactions to severe heat so seasons were preferred. We had no idea Canada had heatwaves, as evidenced by our July 15th heatwave arrival melting on the runway at Pearson as we all wore sweaters ("it's Canada, how warm can it be hahaha")
Lol. I guess I am different. The thought of continuous cold is what freaks ME out! Speaking of which, the GFS aint lookin so bad now. Phew!
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2203 posts
676 upvotes
Montreal
When we were kid, me and my friend were trying to detach a bird nest on a tree.

It was infested with lice. When we realised that is was already too late and both our arms were covered with thousand of them.

Something like this but much worse
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1741 posts
200 upvotes
In another world
I hate spiders more than any other bug. Actually I hate mosquitoes more than spiders.
I used to use an empty cassette tape enclosure to trap mosquitoes, shaked them to knock them out, then fed them to spiders.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1826 posts
31 upvotes
spiders in Canada i can deal with no problem. silverfish?... hell no
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11104 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
An interesing thing happened a long time ago. I handed an insect to a spider on its web. After it decided to accept it, it gladly took more as I kept handing it more insects it took them from my hand, then it twirled them up and stored them. Funny how that went!

It must have been in Barrie. It might have been one of the days the rest went for baseball practice and me, bored, I went to the forest and the rest was hisory!
Spiders are like, ew.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11104 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
An so now 2 months later, it is happening again, only in this house. This time in the kitchen. Same species as the last time. They're EVERYWHERE.

I can't reach for a cup or sit on the chair without encountering a tiny creature dangling in front of me. Its gross.
Spiders are like, ew.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
2860 posts
501 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 7:39 pm
An so now 2 months later, it is happening again, only in this house. This time in the kitchen. Same species as the last time. They're EVERYWHERE.

I can't reach for a cup or sit on the chair without encountering a tiny creature dangling in front of me. Its gross.
Spiders are nutritious. I suggest you grab a bunch of them and Google how to cook them!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7339 posts
2297 upvotes
Toronto
wal3145 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 7:46 pm
Spiders are nutritious. I suggest you grab a bunch of them and Google how to cook them!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11104 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
As my signature says
Spiders are like, ew.
Spiders are like, ew.