Shopping Discussion

Does Wal-Mart still accept refunds without receipt?

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2018 9:46 pm
[OP]
Apr 15, 2007
945 posts
206 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Does Wal-Mart still accept refunds without receipt?

I read in some older threads a few years old where wal-marts accepted refunds for items without a receipt.

I bought a few lightbulbs that ended up being the wrong type.

It has been about 10 days. The product is not opened or damaged, and the only proof of purchase I have is my bank statement (it was a debit purchase) where maybe they could look up the date/purchase total.

Anyone with recent experience with this getting store credit in return or best case scenario a full refund?
4 replies
Sep 21, 2008
439 posts
19 upvotes
YYZ/YUL
I've had 2 returns in the past year where they accepted the return without a receipt. I gave them the item, the last 4 digits of the credit card, and the date of purchase, and they were able to find it in their system and print out the receipt. You have to return it to the same location though.
[OP]
Apr 15, 2007
945 posts
206 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Obi Wan wrote:
May 17th, 2018 1:54 am
I've had 2 returns in the past year where they accepted the return without a receipt. I gave them the item, the last 4 digits of the credit card, and the date of purchase, and they were able to find it in their system and print out the receipt. You have to return it to the same location though.
thanks that's perfect! was it a refund onto your card, or as store credit?
Sep 21, 2008
439 posts
19 upvotes
YYZ/YUL
leonheartx wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:07 am
thanks that's perfect! was it a refund onto your card, or as store credit?
It was a refund onto the credit card!
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
9904 posts
4529 upvotes
Richmond Hill
As long as you paid by either debit or credit they can look it up, but have an exact date otherwise it’s going to take forever to find the receipt. The system is beyond archaic.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)