Shopping Discussion

Does Walmart price match competitors' website pricing?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2011 3:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1161 posts
437 upvotes

Does Walmart price match competitors' website pricing?

Does anyone know whether Walmart price matches competitors' website pricing? Can I just print out the webpage as proof?

Thanks in advance.
Henry
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
hank755 wrote: Does anyone know whether Walmart price matches competitors' website pricing? Can I just print out the webpage as proof?

Thanks in advance.
Henry

I dont believe so, as far as I know they only pricematch if you have a printed advertisement such as a current flyer etc.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2217 posts
438 upvotes
hank755 wrote: Does anyone know whether Walmart price matches competitors' website pricing? Can I just print out the webpage as proof?

Thanks in advance.
Henry

Nope. They specifically call it "Ad Match" on purpose.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
i was able to pm the recent 50% off live points with rcss using a website flyer printout. they just needed to see the url in your printout and getting auth. the csr said it would've been no hassle if i had a flyer though.

of course this is ymmv and this was at the sherway walmart.
Jan 20, 2011
230 posts
53 upvotes
MONTR
I don't really think so, and I also don't think that normal store will have price lower than them unless special ON Sale or promo, since they got their way how to bend down prices from their suppliers
Jun 1, 2008
501 posts
709 upvotes
London
You can get a price match from an online ad if your lucky/get a manager thats unaware if the stipulations.

a couple months ago when an xbox 360 game came out, Forza Motorosport 4, I asked walmart if they would price match an ad I found online at toys R us. they did, I got the limited collectors edition of the game for the same price of the regular game. It was $10 off at toys r us. the ad online showed "online only" I showed them the ad with my iphone.

It can work, I think it just boils down to luck and who's honoring the price match.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Mostly they will not match website pricing. It must be a flyer ad. However, it all depends on the store manager.