Pets

Dog Dental Care - Teeth Cleaning

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2017 7:28 pm
May 15, 2015
4 posts
oyunyuno wrote:
Feb 7th, 2014 3:04 pm
I just got my dogs teeth done at Erindale Animal Hospital (Mississauga) and I am very pleased! They charged me for 4 teeth extractions when they did 8, and they gave me 40% off dental scaling due to pet dental month. He was taken in at 9:30am, then she called me at 12:30pm to tell me he's doing fine. He also had a follow up appointment a week later for his gum infection. I would go back again in the future if prices are similar to what I experienced this time around. You never known since I've called for quotes about 4 years ago and they were less than $1000. My little Yorkie is all healthy with sparkling white teeth.

If anyone wants to see the receipt then PM me.

This is the total charged which is fairly accurate from what they quoted me. It would've been about $100 more if they charged me for th extra 4 teeth extractions.
Dental Scaling (Small dog with pain killer): $156
Tooth Extractions (charged for 4, extracted 8): $100
IV Fluid: $56
Radiographs (dental and full body no needed but I requested): $130
Antibiotics (gum infection): $50
Pre-Blood Work: $65
Total Charges: $ $557.00
HST: $72.41
Total Payment: $629.41

I've also gotten quotes from the following places. They would've charged me more for the extra 4 teeth extractions:

Markham Vet Clinic (This was my dogs vet)
Medication for home - small dog $35
Senior Disease Detection Profile (blood work) $158.80
Periodontal Therapy (teeth cleaning) - small/Med Dog $554.40
Survey Dental Radiographs $129.80
Technician Anaesthetic Monitoring $0
Isoflurane Agent & Monitoring for 40 min (for teeth extractions) $164.40
Local Nerve Block or Line Block (injection meds) $55
Hydromorphone Injection (pain meds) - post-op $13
Oral Surgery (teeth extractions) - 40 minutes $ 268.40
IV Antibiotic Injection $20.50
Follow-up Appointment with Technician $0
"Pet"icure with today's treatment $0
Tax: $181.91
TOTAL: $1581.21

Bridletown Warden Animal Hospital (no radiographs - called for a quote)
Teeth Cleaning $360 to $411
Teeth Extraction $33 to $200
Blood Test $155
Total: $865.58

New Market Animal Hospital (no radiographs - called for a quote)
Teeth Cleaning: $475
Teeth Extractions: $15 (max $75 total)
Exam Fee: $64
Antibiotics $40
Blood Test: $101.90
Total: $854.17

Toronto Central Animal Clinic (no radiographs - called for a quote)
Teeth Cleaning: $400 to $700
Blood Work: $100
Teeth Extractions: $16.50 to $28.50
Pre-Exam: $68.50
Total: $1110.23

Hope this helps everyone who is looking for teeth cleaning! I was quoted $1600 at my own vet (would've been $2000 with the extra extractions) for procedures similar to the one I did... except they had "special" names to make it sound more professional.

For reference, my dog is an 8 year old yorkie, never had his teeth cleaned, never chews on chew toys, had severe gum infection to the point he had a lymph which is all cleared up now.
I'm talking my King Shepherd there this week...thanks to a prompt reply I received on this thread.
Thanks to you too for reinforcing my decision. Appreciate your effort to actually type out the other estimates.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
8392 posts
385 upvotes
Mississauga
Didi_beee wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:53 pm
Wtf... I work part time at a clinic. We do not charge no where as that much. How old is your dog? I imagine its about 10-20lbs? I think dental scaling with us is max $500 including bloodwork and IVs, extraction is $25 per tooth. If you are really interested, PM me and I can give you a quote. I can probably give you a 5-10% discount too if I say you're a friend
Can you PM me where I can go to this place? My dog needs teeth cleaning and extraction. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
8392 posts
385 upvotes
Mississauga
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 12:31 am
I needed about 3 teeth taken out and a cleaning too.
around $700 was what I was quoted for at first too - by a few places.
Then my gf found a chinese pet clinic in scarborough that was highly rated on chinese forums for being honest and providing good work.
We went there and I believe we paid around $300-400 in the end. I believe he did a good job, and he has a legitimate business with proper commercial storefront at Brimley & Steeles.
I met the owner/veterinarian, and he seems like an decent guy to me.

on another note, my dog was bitten by another dog and needed stitches. The same vet did this job and did it well at a fair price. My dog recovered and healed very fast with no complications.

(PS, my dog is a 18lb bichon purebred - similar to OP's)
Can you PM me where you went? Need some work done for my dog now thanks!
May 15, 2015
4 posts
Thanks Didi_beee for your prompt reply to this post which resulted in nothing but good things all the way.
I just can't stop expressing how satisfied we are with the Dusty's tooth extraction/surgery, scaling and care at your clinic, for a really fair price.
Your promptness put us into good hands and there will be no turning back.
At last I've found a vet who will not overcharge and is good at her job!
I have told every pet owner friend to try Erindale Animal Hospital in Mississauga.

Thanks again savior!!

Please show this to your boss...lol..

Didi_beee wrote:
Wtf... I work part time at a clinic. We do not charge no where as that much. How old is your dog? I imagine its about 10-20lbs? I think dental scaling with us is max $500 including bloodwork and IVs, extraction is $25 per tooth. If you are really interested, PM me and I can give you a quote. I can probably give you a 5-10% discount too if I say you're a friend
May 15, 2015
4 posts
Thanks for posting details..we took our 100 lbs Dusty- GSD there for dental extraction, surgery, scaling,shots and medication for under $750!

Super satisfied!!
oyunyuno wrote:
Feb 7th, 2014 3:04 pm
I just got my dogs teeth done at Erindale Animal Hospital (Mississauga) and I am very pleased! They charged me for 4 teeth extractions when they did 8, and they gave me 40% off dental scaling due to pet dental month. He was taken in at 9:30am, then she called me at 12:30pm to tell me he's doing fine. He also had a follow up appointment a week later for his gum infection. I would go back again in the future if prices are similar to what I experienced this time around. You never known since I've called for quotes about 4 years ago and they were less than $1000. My little Yorkie is all healthy with sparkling white teeth.

If anyone wants to see the receipt then PM me.

This is the total charged which is fairly accurate from what they quoted me. It would've been about $100 more if they charged me for th extra 4 teeth extractions.
Dental Scaling (Small dog with pain killer): $156
Tooth Extractions (charged for 4, extracted 8): $100
IV Fluid: $56
Radiographs (dental and full body no needed but I requested): $130
Antibiotics (gum infection): $50
Pre-Blood Work: $65
Total Charges: $ $557.00
HST: $72.41
Total Payment: $629.41

I've also gotten quotes from the following places. They would've charged me more for the extra 4 teeth extractions:

Markham Vet Clinic (This was my dogs vet)
Medication for home - small dog $35
Senior Disease Detection Profile (blood work) $158.80
Periodontal Therapy (teeth cleaning) - small/Med Dog $554.40
Survey Dental Radiographs $129.80
Technician Anaesthetic Monitoring $0
Isoflurane Agent & Monitoring for 40 min (for teeth extractions) $164.40
Local Nerve Block or Line Block (injection meds) $55
Hydromorphone Injection (pain meds) - post-op $13
Oral Surgery (teeth extractions) - 40 minutes $ 268.40
IV Antibiotic Injection $20.50
Follow-up Appointment with Technician $0
"Pet"icure with today's treatment $0
Tax: $181.91
TOTAL: $1581.21

Bridletown Warden Animal Hospital (no radiographs - called for a quote)
Teeth Cleaning $360 to $411
Teeth Extraction $33 to $200
Blood Test $155
Total: $865.58

New Market Animal Hospital (no radiographs - called for a quote)
Teeth Cleaning: $475
Teeth Extractions: $15 (max $75 total)
Exam Fee: $64
Antibiotics $40
Blood Test: $101.90
Total: $854.17

Toronto Central Animal Clinic (no radiographs - called for a quote)
Teeth Cleaning: $400 to $700
Blood Work: $100
Teeth Extractions: $16.50 to $28.50
Pre-Exam: $68.50
Total: $1110.23

Hope this helps everyone who is looking for teeth cleaning! I was quoted $1600 at my own vet (would've been $2000 with the extra extractions) for procedures similar to the one I did... except they had "special" names to make it sound more professional.

For reference, my dog is an 8 year old yorkie, never had his teeth cleaned, never chews on chew toys, had severe gum infection to the point he had a lymph which is all cleared up now.
Jul 25, 2008
678 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
lorrdeee wrote:
Jun 7th, 2015 12:39 pm
Thanks Didi_beee for your prompt reply to this post which resulted in nothing but good things all the way.
I just can't stop expressing how satisfied we are with the Dusty's tooth extraction/surgery, scaling and care at your clinic, for a really fair price.
Your promptness put us into good hands and there will be no turning back.
At last I've found a vet who will not overcharge and is good at her job!
I have told every pet owner friend to try Erindale Animal Hospital in Mississauga.

Thanks again savior!!

Please show this to your boss...lol..
Glad we were able to help. Hope Dusty is doing well and is no longer bothered by an infection. Remember to brush frequently to avoid future problems!
Jun 15, 2015
1 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Very happy to see this helpful thread.

Planning on getting Fido's teeth cleaned and the advice in this thread really helped in our decision. Thank you to everyone who contributed!!
Sep 11, 2015
2 posts
Guelph, ON
Hi Fred. do you have any experience with the vets in northern NY State for pricing on dental cleaning and extraction? Now with our low dollar I wonder if I would accomplish anything going to Waterdown NY or other places? thanks for your response anyone?
MrsPotato wrote:
Oct 15th, 2013 12:45 am
That pricing sounds accurate based on vet care in the GTA.

My main concern would be follow up care. You have a small dog, and things can happen post op.
If you go across the boarder, or drive hours away you'll be limiting yourself for free follow up should it be required.
Sep 11, 2015
2 posts
Guelph, ON
Sorry that post was supposed to include Freds input from pg1. But anyone please help. I purchased a sweet yorkie boy 4 years old and I was told he had no teeth! but yup he does! So a good cleaning and sone extractions(maybe/?) will be required. thx
Aug 5, 2006
29 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I was referred to Erindale Animal Hospital by Didi_beee after sending her a PM. Her replies were detailed and prompt and I booked an appointment within the week. Ended up costing around $620+tax in total for dental visit (including meds, follow-up appt, & 8+ extractions!), which I found incredibly reasonable, considering all the other estimates I got from other clinics. Service was top notch and Dr. Winnie Yuen was caring, patient and answered all my questions. I am happy to say that I will be returning to this clinic in the future for my dog's regular check-ups. Highly recommended!
Didi_beee wrote:
Nov 24, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
Hi Didi_beee

Can I have the name an address from the Clinic you are talking about ?
I need for my dog .
Thanks.
Jan 30, 2011
2 posts
hey.. i really need info about the vet you were quoting decent prices. i know the prices probably went up but it would be great to check it out anyway. My dog needs help asap.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5127 posts
653 upvotes
South of Ottawa
jadadetoronto wrote:
Apr 4th, 2016 7:28 pm
hey.. i really need info about the vet you were quoting decent prices. i know the prices probably went up but it would be great to check it out anyway. My dog needs help asap.
Um, call the vet? She already gave you the name of the place and an estimated cost.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2952 posts
437 upvotes
Beachdown wrote:
Apr 5th, 2016 10:40 am
Um, call the vet? She already gave you the name of the place and an estimated cost.
My thinking as well. I would like to add though that there is usually a range in the prices charged depending on the amount of work to be done. We went to our regular vet clinic - one of the vets has extensive training in dental work. If gum work is needed (our dog needed this to be done again, then the cost will rise. If major extractions are required that will also be a factor).

Our dog was well behaved and for him, reasonably calm - because he knew the vets and the techs.
Jul 25, 2008
678 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
jadadetoronto wrote:
Apr 4th, 2016 7:28 pm
Hey I'm currently on maternity leave, but all of the information is in the previous posts. I believe they still give 15% discount on medical services for new clients. I haven't been in since November. You can google all of the information based on their name. Location is in Mississauga.