Pets

Dog Dental Care - Teeth Cleaning

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 10:06 am
Jun 17, 2016
2 posts
[quote="Didi_beee" post_id="17627079" time="1382579606" user_id="172592"]Wtf... I work part time at a clinic. We do not charge no where as that much. How old is your dog? I imagine its about 10-20lbs? I think dental scaling with us is max $500 including bloodwork and IVs, extraction is $25 per tooth. If you are really interested, PM me and I can give you a quote. I can probably give you a 5-10% discount too if I say you're a friend[

HI are u still working at this clinic? @didi?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2900 posts
423 upvotes
Bkelly510 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2016 2:05 pm
Didi_beee wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:53 pm
Wtf... I work part time at a clinic. We do not charge no where as that much. How old is your dog? I imagine its about 10-20lbs? I think dental scaling with us is max $500 including bloodwork and IVs, extraction is $25 per tooth. If you are really interested, PM me and I can give you a quote. I can probably give you a 5-10% discount too if I say you're a friend[

Sorry, but I think it would be impossible to provide a quote over the phone. A veterinarian has to provide a quote and in my considerable experience with our dogs' dentals the papers that we signed authorizing the procedures had a range from low to high.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5112 posts
651 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Blanche123 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2016 8:54 am
Bkelly510 wrote:

Sorry, but I think it would be impossible to provide a quote over the phone. A veterinarian has to provide a quote and in my considerable experience with our dogs' dentals the papers that we signed authorizing the procedures had a range from low to high.
^This.

The vet needs to take a look at your dog and even then they can't see everything that will be needed until your dog is under. My estimate was $200-$500.
Jul 25, 2008
668 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Bkelly510 wrote:
Didi_beee wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:53 pm
Wtf... I work part time at a clinic. We do not charge no where as that much. How old is your dog? I imagine its about 10-20lbs? I think dental scaling with us is max $500 including bloodwork and IVs, extraction is $25 per tooth. If you are really interested, PM me and I can give you a quote. I can probably give you a 5-10% discount too if I say you're a friend[

I'm on maternity leave, but you can call the clinic for an estimate on the basics, but you will need a dental exam (which will be waived upon surgery completion) with the doctor in order for them to provide you with a more accurate quote.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5229 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
https://www.amazon.com/Leba-III-Pet-Den ... B0039OKN6A (you can find it cheap at Costco.ca)

I've been using this on my 4-year old chihuahua/Jack Russell for a year. (I'm still on my first bottle, with about a 1/4 left in it)
When I first got her they told me her teeth needed a scaling, cleaning and further investigation, but last month I had her checked and they told me her teeth were excellent - it really does work.

Other than that, she eats dry food, the odd carrot/apples for treats, and there's always a rawhide somewhere around the house that she plays around with here and there.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5112 posts
651 upvotes
South of Ottawa
MahsaA333037 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 4:17 pm
Hello,
I am interested in the dog dental... are you still doing that?
Yes, I am! Please send me all your money and your dog and I'll get er done.
Jul 25, 2008
668 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Beachdown wrote:
Jun 18th, 2016 9:56 am
Just had Gracie's teeth cleaned (45lb labradoodle).
Town & Country Vet in Ogdensburg, NY.

Office Call - $32
Dental Cleaning - $180 (no extractions - they would've been $25 per tooth,and includes general anesthesia, ear flush and nail trim)
Antibiotics (for ear infection) - $28
Heartworm/Lyme test - $46
DHLP Vaccine - $16

Altogether the total was $390 CDN.
Wow, NY is so much cheaper. If I didn't work at a vet, I would consider driving my 2 dogs down just for their non emergency vet services.

For those who thinks they need to clean their dogs teeth every year, I don't recommend this as putting them under anesthesia is very stressful for them. I would recommend every 2-3 years and of course daily brushing if possible, or at least at night after their last meals!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5112 posts
651 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Didi_beee wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 11:52 pm
Wow, NY is so much cheaper. If I didn't work at a vet, I would consider driving my 2 dogs down just for their non emergency vet services.

For those who thinks they need to clean their dogs teeth every year, I don't recommend this as putting them under anesthesia is very stressful for them. I would recommend every 2-3 years and of course daily brushing if possible, or at least at night after their last meals!
The waiting room is always packed with Canadian pets for dental work.

Every 3-4 years is what the vet recommended for Gracie. Jack is 7 and still doesn't need anything done, so depends on the dog.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2900 posts
423 upvotes
Beachdown, I agree, it depend on the dog. Our little "angel" develops tartar fast and then there is gum work as the pet ages. We can never stretch his dentals to more than 2 years at this point.

He just had one of his holistic dental cookies smeared with his CET toothpaste - not that it does any good! He is already trying for another one.

Our 10 lb. darlings of course had too many teeth for their small mouths. It does cost considerably more depending on the tooth to be extracted - we sure found this out.
Jan 2, 2017
2 posts
Hi there,

Just thought I would share. I will be taking my dog - Pappilon - 7 yrs old for a dental cleaning & probably a few extractions. The quote that I got - low @ $454.45 high @ $578.29 ( they have a 20% discount for Feb/ March & the quote includes tax)

Will keep you posted if their quote is within the range.

Also looks like the pricing seems relatively reasonable.
Jan 2, 2017
2 posts
JacquelineA276445 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 7:02 pm
Hi there,

Which vet clinic are you going to?

Thank you!
Good evening all,

So I had my dog teeth done today. Had to pay the higher end of the quote of $578.29 as she had 6 tooth extracted.

I am not sure if the price is resonable or not. (Maybe Didi_beee can give her thoughts on this if she has the time). I did call the place where Didi_beee works but they were fully booked for the this month ( Jan). Since my dog was in pain, I did not want to wait till next month. I got an over the phone quote of $425/- as they had a 40% promotion. Not sure how much it would have come up too.

For those who would like to know which vet I went to send me an email "happygurl3toronto@gmail.com

BTW I did go in person to get a more detailed quote at no charge
Jul 25, 2008
668 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
HappyGurl3 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 8:53 pm
Good evening all,

So I had my dog teeth done today. Had to pay the higher end of the quote of $578.29 as she had 6 tooth extracted.

I am not sure if the price is resonable or not. (Maybe Didi_beee can give her thoughts on this if she has the time). I did call the place where Didi_beee works but they were fully booked for the this month ( Jan). Since my dog was in pain, I did not want to wait till next month. I got an over the phone quote of $425/- as they had a 40% promotion. Not sure how much it would have come up too.

The amount you paid seems pretty reasonable and comparable. I think the clinic I'm at would have been a bit lower with the 40% discount.

Just a reminder to everyone that Jan and Feb is pet dental month so most clinics run good promotions regarding dental work.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2528 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
HappyGurl3 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 8:53 pm
Good evening all,

For those who would like to know which vet I went to send me an email "happygurl3toronto@gmail.com

I pay way more than that in Ottawa and didn't involve any extractions (just the cleaning, anesthetic, etc). I think I will go to NY state next time.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel