• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2017 1:06 pm
Aug 23, 2008
45 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote:
May 29th, 2017 9:19 am
I have never, ever pretended to be a vet.
Neither was Didi_beee pretending to be a vet but did that stop you from speaking down to them? I don't think so.
Blanche123 wrote:
Also, I do not compare our dog to a car.
You (and I) may view pets as members of the family but for the sake of the argument and how the legal system views the matter, a dog and a car are property. Although I think two years ago Quebec did try to pass legislation that would elevate all animals from "property" to "sentient beings" but I'm not sure what came of that bill and how far reaching it was.

The point of the comparison was that it is illegal for an automobile servicing business to overcharge more than 10% of the estimate. This is done to prevent businesses from taking advantage of customers.

1. a red flag user brought their dog/property to get some work done on it
2. the business provided an estimate for their services
3. the final cost was nearly double the estimate
Blanche123 wrote:
The vet determines the cost - and we have ALWAYS had to sign documentation allowing for a minimum to a maximum price range - the vet will often see things during the surgery. If someone wants to question the varying estimate the time to speak up is before the surgery, not after.
That's great if you always get a signed document allowing for a min and max. Really smart. But no one was asking if you got a minimum and maximum price range.

The redflag user we're talking about got one estimate and the final cost was double that. If it's possible that the final cost could end up being nearly double the given estimate then I would argue that the onus is on the business to tell the customer for the exact same reason why it's been made illegal to overcharge more than 10% of the estimate on automobile servicing: gouging.
Blanche123 wrote:
If I am rude, boy people really need to read the posts in Red Flag Deals.

I have though for a long while that Red Flag Deals is not for me - and obviously others have felt the same. I will not be responding to this thread or any other again. I have one post that I will send by PM to another member and then that will be it.
1. You are rude.

2. Please don't tell me to go read other RFD posts and imply I need to grow thicker skin when you're the one running away at the first sight of someone calling you out on your rudeness. Were you never disciplined as child?

Taking something you said earlier: it's hardly my first rodeo.

I'm young enough and just old enough to have grown up with the internet. I've seen some $@%@. Kids will say the $%#^iest things but most of the time you can just rack it up as part of their immaturity.

You sound old enough that you should know better than to tell someone off by calling out their lack of credentials (especially when they, like you, never pretended to be anything else) and then to be shocked when someone else calls you out for being rude.

For someone who has posted almost everyday for the last 5 months, I'm genuinely surprised you're going to give up RFD because I chided you for being rude.

Guess I had the honor of being your last rodeo LOL. ;)
Dec 7, 2005
319 posts
51 upvotes
Maple Ridge
If anyone from the Vancouver area reads this thread (in particular Maple Ridge BC) I'm being quoted dental cleaning starting at $500 + $110 for a blood panel which was optional but recommended due to her age (14 years). She's a 10lb Chihuahua mix if it matters. This is from a vet I trust and go to every year. My last vet (Langley BC) before I moved charged me about $500ish all in.

Not sure if it's high or low but it was a shocker until I came here and read some of the prices being quoted. Part of owning a pet and they give back lots more so worth it.
Sep 5, 2017
1 posts
My dog needs teeth cleaning and extraction where are you located?