Pets

Dog died suddenly, might not have made the right decisions

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 10:14 am
Sep 16, 2006
870 posts
163 upvotes
Pickering
What you did was illegal, and is a public health hazard. You are not allowed to bury a dead pet anywhere you should have taken the cadavre to a veterinarian for them to dispose of the body in a sanitary way. Digging a shallow grave like that in a public place is crazy. Somebody else's dog will dig it up and depending on the state of the corpse at that point coming into contact with it could make that other dog, and in turn its humans, very sick. It also wasn't very dignified in terms of paying your last respects to the dog to bury it in that way, in my opinion. If anything, if you're going to break the law and bury the dog yourself, at least dig a 2 meter deep hole in your own back yard. That is the correct depth to place a dead animal or human at for sanitary reasons, and also to prevent animals from digging the corpse up.
Jul 16, 2018
28 posts
3 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 11:15 am
It doesnt matter how it happened, it just did. hard enoughto deal with without second guessing if it was something the owner did

Ours died suddenly, and the wife wanted to get her checked out to see what it was. I told her no, no sense, wont bring her back, its just life

I understand. Sorry for that. And about that it doesn't matter, to me, it kind of does matter how the pets die. I bring in stray and injured animals and then don't feel like letting go of them when they get better. If some of them die, I try to find out what caused it so I try to avoid that thing with my next rescue case. That includes the negligence of the vet. a lot of times, I have to read up on what I'm observing and how the vet is perceiving the symptoms to sort of double-check if all's good.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2016
8620 posts
564 upvotes
SK
dennist101 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 8:59 am
I understand. Sorry for that. And about that it doesn't matter, to me, it kind of does matter how the pets die. I bring in stray and injured animals and then don't feel like letting go of them when they get better. If some of them die, I try to find out what caused it so I try to avoid that thing with my next rescue case. That includes the negligence of the vet. a lot of times, I have to read up on what I'm observing and how the vet is perceiving the symptoms to sort of double-check if all's good.
Its everyones choice. Just not mine. I know when the current dog we have, as we had two, passes, we arent going to get another one. Time for some freedom after the kids are gone in a few years