Dog settling in Vancouver

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 10:10 am
Tags:
Feb 1, 2017
1 posts
wyho007 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 1:17 am
Not sure how my dog will react in her first days in Canada. If worse comes to worst, is putting her with day care the best option available? Do you have any reliable day care to recommend?
W have a pet lab, and he loves this atmosphere. Hope your pet will love this too.
[OP]
May 3, 2016
152 posts
12 upvotes
In case anyone is wondering. My pup arrived here well, she survived with the 21 hour flight (with advance check in that's 24 hours). Not sure how she managed to relieved herself in the crate without getting herself dirty all over, but she did! She's been smiling/laughing so happily for the first 2 hours upon her arrival at the airport. Everyone likes her all the way. She's adapting very well so far, funny to see her jetlagging when we take her out. We were able to leave her home by herself for a few hours just the second day of arrival without any barking. That helped so much for us to run the errands. Has yet to bring her to a dog park, we'll see.

Thank you very much!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
2791 posts
430 upvotes
London
wyho007 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 11:48 pm
In case anyone is wondering. My pup arrived here well, she survived with the 21 hour flight (with advance check in that's 24 hours). Not sure how she managed to relieved herself in the crate without getting herself dirty all over, but she did! She's been smiling/laughing so happily for the first 2 hours upon her arrival at the airport. Everyone likes her all the way. She's adapting very well so far, funny to see her jetlagging when we take her out. We were able to leave her home by herself for a few hours just the second day of arrival without any barking. That helped so much for us to run the errands. Has yet to bring her to a dog park, we'll see.

Thank you very much!
That's a great update, thanks for sharing! Glad things are going well and your pup is holding her own, great news and welcome!
[OP]
May 3, 2016
152 posts
12 upvotes
Brought her to McDonald Beach Park, the 7 lb pup was not intimidated by the big dogs there. I walked her on leash. She wasn't chasing other dogs but just doing some mild pulling, hurry to explore the new environment. Other big dogs would come, they sniffed each other and went their way. Pretty good overall. I'm so glad.

Also, one more funny thing to share. She had never walked on grass before coming here. In just a few days, now she would only relief herself on grass and no where else! Not sure how she learned that!

BTW, how should I go about finding a vet for her. Is it normal to have a regular vet (not yet) and then an emergency vet clinic (this I have) as backup? I prefer holistic treatment/care so back from my country of origin, I'd only take her to the vet if she's sick, small issues would usually get solved by ACV. She's never been sick and only 2.5 years, so I don't have much experience with vets, let alone knowing the norm here. Any inputs are appreciated.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel