Pets

Dogs or Cats?

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2010 5:04 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Do you prefer dogs or cats?

• Total votes: 108. You have voted on this poll.
Dog

56%
Cat

28%
Neither

5%
Both

12%
Sep 3, 2009
474 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 5:23 pm
Dogs worship you unconditionally........cats ignore you.

Love dogs ...can't stand cats.

Though I must say, I am a HUGE fan of Simon Bond's ' cat cartoons '.

;)
cats dont ignore, mine follow me everywhere and also fetch stuff i throw. depends on how the cat was raised, same goes for dogs
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2010
1943 posts
26 upvotes
I love both but prefer to own a dog, always have. There are just too many reasons to explain why but most of all I'd say it's because I really enjoy their company and they make me laugh.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10660 posts
1322 upvotes
MadameKelebek wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 9:47 pm
My cats likes to play fetch. He will bring his foam ball and drop it near my feet and as soon as I pick it up and throw it he will go fetch it and bring it back to me.
Kherani wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 10:29 pm
My cat will roll over if I tell her too. She responds to her name, and she can fetch.
thumper80 wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 11:19 pm
My boy Rambo , fetches , sits , begs and will not eat anything unless its on a plate . Also he will "watch" the door when told . He's thinks he's a dog most of the time and also thinks he can eat anything I eat . Jalapeno's are one of his favorites . He will sit with at the table us , on his own chair . We haven't found a vegetable he won't eat either . Stinky will also fetch and sit .

On a side note I have one of our fish trained to eat from a spoon only :evil:
So I thought one of my cats was special in that he likes to play fetch... guess it's not. Both my cats can play dead 18 hours a day. Does that count? :lol:

thumper80 - careful with some veggies. Though tasty to us, it's poison to cats... like onions and garlic.
Sep 12, 2008
249 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
Got 2 dogs here.....One was adopted and has a past of abuse. Both dogs will just wait at the door until the moment I come home and go crazy (jumping up and down etc)

They make me laugh lol.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2852 posts
65 upvotes
Windsor
I've always been a dog person, yes they can be more work then cats but I also think they are more fun then cats.

I hate cats that dig up my garden and crap in it or sit at my door and tease my dog. This is probably more of an issue with the owners letting their cats roam around the neighbourhood. Never understood why cats don't have to be tied up or on a lease.
Jan 7, 2009
568 posts
joeyjoejoe wrote:
May 4th, 2010 9:22 am
So I thought one of my cats was special in that he likes to play fetch... guess it's not. Both my cats can play dead 18 hours a day. Does that count? :lol:

thumper80 - careful with some veggies. Though tasty to us, it's poison to cats... like onions and garlic.
No worries , We know about the onions and garlic . Our vet has warned us about that . He's really healthy according to the vet which is nice as it does help cut down in food costs .
Mar 2, 2009
210 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
cdnNick wrote:
May 4th, 2010 9:51 am
I've always been a dog person, yes they can be more work then cats but I also think they are more fun then cats.

I hate cats that dig up my garden and crap in it or sit at my door and tease my dog. This is probably more of an issue with the owners letting their cats roam around the neighbourhood. Never understood why cats don't have to be tied up or on a lease.
Cats can be leash trained. My cats only go outside when I am with them and usually on a leash. I have always done that with my cats because I also have a garden and I don't want my cats using it as a litter box or using my neighbours gardens either.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1091 posts
70 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Cat person here, but I am ok w/ dog.
poedua wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 9:29 pm
O.K......I'll bite ( excuse the pun....I own a dog :o )

What tricks does your cat do ?

( do we need a ' pet tricks ' thread as well ? )
My cat do "sit" and hand.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3683 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
cdnNick wrote:
May 4th, 2010 9:51 am

i agree. while i love running into neighbourhood cats, they should be inside their owners home.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1104 posts
37 upvotes
I used to be a dog only person but my fiance loves cats. We ended up getting two cats and my mind has changed completely. Our cats are not typical though - both of them act like dogs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7938 posts
1280 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Don't mind either but prefer cats.

Dogs require too much care. While getting out for daily walks is great for my health, I much prefer not having to worry about it if I don't feel like going.

If we are going away for a week vacation, dogs have to go somewhere, cats can just be left at home.

Dogs are more fun than cats in general and more protective.

Dogs leave piles all over the backyard that need to be picked up regularly. Cats use the box (though are one cat likes the back corner of our garden also).

Dogs are happy to see you when you walk in the door. Our cat will wait for us to walk in but 9 times out of 10 it is because she wants to be let out or wants food.

Dogs typically need much more effort for training.

Good points and bad points about each. Me, I prefer cats just for the reason that they are less demanding and can be left at home for a few days without having to take them to a kennel or getting someone to care for them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7260 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
[IMG]http://neatorama.cachefly.net/misscella ... vsdogs.jpg[/IMG]

and

Excerpts from the Dog's Diary ......

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
6:00 PM - Oooh, Bath . Bummer.
7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from the Cat's Diary....

Day 983 of my captivity.
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards.
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ********.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now................

:razz:
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-