• Aug 16th, 2017 3:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2015
134 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Dollar Shave Club

I did a search on the forum and saw Dollar Shave was mentioned in a few threads, but no threads about this company. Can anyone recommend this service? I'm at the point where I need new razor blades, and not wanting to drop $50+ at Costco for a huge supply.

(Currently using Gillette Fusion)
7 replies
Feb 7, 2017
720 posts
381 upvotes
Blades & Razors (his & hers) are one of the things we use our SDM Optimum Points for on Cash In Events. Takes a lot of the pain out of this overpriced item.

Looked at Dollar Shave Club when it first came to Canada... Was not impressed by Shipping Fees or buying in bulk. Seems now that they've been around awhile, not all their reviews are positive either (mostly relating to quality of the blades / shave).
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3824 posts
699 upvotes
BC
Double edged razor is the way to be, imo.
Grab a Merkur on sale or a cheapie model of something else ($7->40ish), then grab a pack of astra blades ($15ish).
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Jan 9, 2011
662 posts
307 upvotes
Vancouver
Straight razor. I paid about $225 for mine and the leather strop about 15 years ago. The only ongoing cost is a professional sharpening once every 5 years or so for $5-8.

Saved me tons of money over the last 15 years.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1029 posts
1973 upvotes
Pawtucket
Try it for free for first month with promo code. Might be US only though.

FMF827YH87CLKPDH
or
FMF827KNSBD9ILCC
Nov 13, 2016
42 posts
6 upvotes
I've been with Dollar Shave Club now for maybe two years now. I get new blades every other month for about $7 w/taxes. Never had a bad experience. Blades shave pretty good.