Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Dollarama - $2 DVDs King Kong (deluxe 3 disc set), Hamlet 2, The Bill (Season 1)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2012 9:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Dollarama - $2 DVDs King Kong (deluxe 3 disc set), Hamlet 2, The Bill (Season 1)

new Dollarama in Toronto. Front Street, West of Berkeley.

some nice $2 DVD finds: Peter Jackson's King Kong (3 disc edition), Hamlet 2, the British TV series The Bill (Season 1)

YMMV
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
sweet, 3 king kong frisbee's
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Cool find, sometimes its surprising what you find there.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1053 posts
485 upvotes
TORONTO
The Bill/Hamlet 2 have been at other DR through out the year. King Kong is a great buy for $2.00 and I suspect most places will be sold out by today,lol.
Just like the STAR WARS MIGHTY BEANZ that were sold out in all of Ontario within a week of stores stocking them. I've given up on looking for them now :lol:
Hopefully they gt more stock in soon.
Deal Hunter :)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
1dvdswapper wrote: The Bill/Hamlet 2 have been at other DR through out the year. King Kong is a great buy for $2.00 and I suspect most places will be sold out by today,lol.
Just like the STAR WARS MIGHTY BEANZ that were sold out in all of Ontario within a week of stores stocking them. I've given up on looking for them now :lol:
Hopefully they gt more stock in soon.

For some of us whom have not moved on to BR/BD then $2 for a 3 disk set is a great deal indeed! :)
Never realized Mighty Beanz was that big of a hit with the kids... No wonder I seen quite a few of the DC packs compared to 1 SW pack last time I was at a DR. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I saw King Kong for $2 over a month ago at Dollarama. I didn't bother picking it up as it's not that great a movie IMHO.

I pick up cool movies all the time at Dollarama. I never post though as it's totally YMMV based on the location and the given day that you go. Each location has different movies, some stores have almost nothing and others have lots of of good stuff.

It's very good for finding obscure, low budget and straight to video horror movies, and you can't beat 2 bucks. i often see good foreign and art films though with the $2 Dollarama DVDs.. The stuff that doesn't sell... so it ends up at Dollarama.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1053 posts
485 upvotes
TORONTO
DIODIO wrote: For some of us whom have not moved on to BR/BD then $2 for a 3 disk set is a great deal indeed! :)
Never realized Mighty Beanz was that big of a hit with the kids... No wonder I seen quite a few of the DC packs compared to 1 SW pack last time I was at a DR. :)
Mighty Beanz is stilling stiring up the kids thanks to DR and Walmart cheap collectors cases(sw millienum falcon case $5.00 a while ago).Compared to what other stores are selling the 4 character packs for, $2.00 is a steal. My kids love them but they pretty much love almost all comic characters/sci-fi characters, guess you can say they are a chip off the old man :D
Can't do much with the toys but they are really cool to collect and at $2.00/package it's not a bad deal, especially if the kids are huge fans.
The SW MB flew off the shelves because of all the adult SW fans I think. :lol:
Deal Hunter :)
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
1dvdswapper wrote: The Bill

I've seen The Bill at a Dollarma before as well. The show seemed kinda bad from the looks of it and Wikipedia'ing it now makes me think it was the right call.

For some reason all the stuff I've seen there has been pretty weak. Likely the tops, and this is hardly the tops, was seeing a copy of EDtv.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Jun 8, 2008
101 posts
17 upvotes
I've seen Jurassic Park collectors edition before and season 1 of a canadian show called Falcon Beach.

Only reason I remember the show is because the main character was hot. It was a canadian attempt of The OC when that kinda garbage was popular in ratings.

Also Radio Free Roscoe, and some Miami Ink stuff. I got my sister Little People Big World as a joke from Dollarama too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
do they have Beachcombers? Neon Rider? The Littlest Hobo? :D
Dec 29, 2008
36 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm that the DVDs at Dollarama are actually NEW and not "previously enjoyed"? I realize they come shrink wrapped but this can also be done after market.
Jan 30, 2007
39 posts
11 upvotes
I wanted to like The Bill, described as the UK's version of Hill Street Blues. But it is unwatchable, dated amateuristic junk filled with incomprehensible 80s UK idiom, awful production values, and insultingly bad dialogue. Save your $2 for a Coke. The Bill is without any merit a'tall, laddie buck.
Jul 1, 2011
45 posts
5 upvotes
popopo
not dvd related, but I found some of the Burger King xbox games (big bumpin, sneak king, and pocketbike racer) for $2 each. Pretty bad games, however theses are good prices to keep for collection purposes or for trade fodder.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6788 posts
2103 upvotes
PurgatoryAfterglow wrote: not dvd related, but I found some of the Burger King xbox games (big bumpin, sneak king, and pocketbike racer) for $2 each. Pretty bad games, however theses are good prices to keep for collection purposes or for trade fodder.
I don't think you can trade the burger king games as they don't have a UPC. I got the original games from BK back when they had the promo.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)