[Dollarama] 3-for-1 4Fun Chocolate Bars (KitKat Chunky knock-off) for $1.00

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 12:05 am
Mar 8, 2007
326 posts
461 upvotes
kav2001c wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 12:27 am
Dollarama tends to sell "fake chocolate", I know Easter is a scary time to shop there.
Never tried the brands from this thread, but I would not be surprised to see vegetable oil in the list of ingredients.

Any product despite what it looks like containing a fat other than cocoa butter is fake and is not actually chocolate. (But they usually rename them to things like "chocolatey" as a description to scam you)
this isn't a new thing. and its not limited to dollarama products. name brand manufacturers have been doing this more and more as the cost of chocolate/cocoa goes up. I certainly would not use this as a reason to not buy something from a dollar store.
Dec 25, 2016
21 posts
18 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Their bueno knockoff is also 2 for $1 and is also pretty darn good.
Oct 25, 2005
291 posts
109 upvotes
silenthunder wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:36 am
this isn't a new thing. and its not limited to dollarama products. name brand manufacturers have been doing this more and more as the cost of chocolate/cocoa goes up. I certainly would not use this as a reason to not buy something from a dollar store.
Def true

Either way at any store there are tons of fake things that are really unhealthy for you
Fake juice, fake chocolate, fake sugars etc

Scary times
Mar 1, 2013
2 posts
Langley
where can I find the duoletta bars?
Have been looking in poco/maple ridge area with no success
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I bought some a couple of weeks ago in Vancouver, Kingsway near Nanaimo. A bit far for you, though. They were <3 .
Mar 1, 2013
2 posts
Langley
I work near Willingdon and Grandview so might be worth while visit...

EDIT: just took a look at that location... none to be found :(
Oct 28, 2008
139 posts
46 upvotes
Just tried the Titan bar a few days ago and it was disgusting! Maybe it was a one off, but when I opened it, the chocolate was "whitish" and the peanuts were stale tasting. The weird thing is the expiration date was Feb/18. Anyways, that's enough to turn me off on the discount chocolate bars.

I also bought an Island bar. Hesitant to try it out now. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4263 posts
2583 upvotes
North York
I would say tastes, like looks or smells, are totally subjective.
I bought 9 of these over the weekend thinking if so many people say good, it can't be bad. And there are 8 left.
I honestly didn't think it tasted good to me, rather taste of over-powered cheap chocolate. Not so much wafer either, just thick chocolate layer.

Thanks though OP. I'll save these 8 for Halloween.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
denwaotoko wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 12:30 pm
I work near Willingdon and Grandview so might be worth while visit...

EDIT: just took a look at that location... none to be found :(
Sorry. I only bought four of the Duolettos, so it wasn't me! I rarely go to that location.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
denwaotoko wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 9:58 pm
where can I find the duoletta bars?
Have been looking in poco/maple ridge area with no success
Got some today at the Vancouver, Seymour location. They had three unopened boxes on the shelf. I only bought four bars :) .
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2051 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
r_malvia wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 7:30 pm
Just tried the Titan bar a few days ago and it was disgusting! Maybe it was a one off, but when I opened it, the chocolate was "whitish" and the peanuts were stale tasting. The weird thing is the expiration date was Feb/18. Anyways, that's enough to turn me off on the discount chocolate bars.

I also bought an Island bar. Hesitant to try it out now. :rolleyes:
I tried the Mars bar Dollarama version and it wasnt great. However the Island Bar was AMAZING. Totally tastes like Bounty.