Page 2 of 5

Re: Dollarama: 30-Pin to 8-Pin Lightning Adapter $3

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 1:12 am
by baltzermore
seems greet, but it's not produced by apple, right?

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 1:16 am
by gadgetct
ez_86 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 12:21 am
lol in what cases have ppl got poisoned by dollar store food?
I do recall that's a Fake Colgate toothpaste have to recall back. do u want to have it in your mouth? I guess not.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 1:50 am
by gves02
NoseyBonk wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 12:31 am
dont forget "latex condos" i see dollarama has its own brand... get used to shopping there cuz u gonna be paying mad child support...
This made me LOL. Hey gotta preven more baby mama's crampin your wallet LOL

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 2:56 am
by kocoman
Does this work with video out (composite) cables?

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 2:59 am
by jp149
gadgetct wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 12:06 am
That's two things I never buy from Dollar store. one is Food you don't want get poison by poison. two is never buy anything that's plug in to the wall. even you have a very good insurance. it is not worth it. trust me.
So don't buy name brand foods like nestle. Eg kit kat twix Reese PB cups etc ?

Do you buy ginger, garlic or apple products from the supermarket ? Do you think you can trust them ?

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 3:08 am
by brucedlx
I've never had luck with cables from Dollarama except for HDMI cables which seem to be the same whether u pay 1$ or 100$. USB cables, phone charging cables, they simply do not work and it's not even worth my time to go and argue over 2$ lol. They know this so they buy these cheap ***** Hong Kong cables buy the millions and sell them. Even if 50% of them fail, who has the time to go argue over 2$? 99% of people would just chalk it up to "u get what u pay for" and never buy them again, like myself.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 4:34 am
by movieking
bitbrain wrote:
Jan 9th, 2014 10:39 pm
I bought a small one from monoprice for $12.
EDIT: it's even certified.
Link?

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 8:57 am
by spawn582
I thought everything was final sale at dollarama anyways.

If you are for looking audio out to use with your old docks, this will not work in all likelihood. ASAIK only official apple ones support audio.
brucedlx wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 3:08 am
I've never had luck with cables from Dollarama except for HDMI cables which seem to be the same whether u pay 1$ or 100$. USB cables, phone charging cables, they simply do not work and it's not even worth my time to go and argue over 2$ lol. They know this so they buy these cheap ***** Hong Kong cables buy the millions and sell them. Even if 50% of them fail, who has the time to go argue over 2$? 99% of people would just chalk it up to "u get what u pay for" and never buy them again, like myself.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 9:01 am
by pocket1
It's only $1 here http://www.buyincoins.com/item/21439.html. Free shipping but you have to wait a few weeks for it. If you need a couple of these then this is the way to go. Works only for charging (like all others).

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 11:39 am
by janko023
Been using non apple cables since the 3G came out with absolutely no issues. I'm never witnessed or heard of anyone that I know have theirs blow up or melt either. Just my 0.02. I have a few that give the message with iOS7 but not a big deal as they charge. I also bought a few that are certified for $4 from imod I believe

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 11:49 am
by shyhermit
Agreed with ez_86 that this is a bold claim being made without substantive proof provided. Over generalization is not needed and instills fear when it is unfounded.

While it is entirely possible to get bad food from such stores, how do you know that the chance of doing is more than the chance of doing the same from other supermarkets or grocery stores or even other so-called dollar stores? I have never seen a study that shows such a scenario. Such store operates under the same oversight as compared to other grocery stores by Health Canada which had never issued a storewide ban against Dollar Store for selling food.

gadgetct wrote:
That's two things I never buy from Dollar store. one is Food you don't want get poison by poison. two is never buy anything that's plug in to the wall. even you have a very good insurance. it is not worth it. trust me.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 12:04 pm
by clifford_k_goodman
Bought a similar knock-off converter-cable from "99 Cents Only" in California last week. Charging function works, but won't transfer data. Cost a buck.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 12:13 pm
by second2none
baltzermore wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 1:12 am
seems greet, but it's not produced by apple, right?
uhhhh. no.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 12:36 pm
by lbmeyer
spawn582 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 8:57 am
If you are for looking audio out to use with your old docks, this will not work in all likelihood. ASAIK only official apple ones support audio.
Very interested to see if anyone else here had experience with 3rd party 30-Pin to 8-Pin Lightning Adapter that support audio out.

Posted: Jan 10th, 2014 3:51 pm
by knightwrangler
brucedlx wrote:
Jan 10th, 2014 3:08 am
gadgetct wrote:

I never had any luck with the HDMI cables from Dollarama so would not recommend but Honey Nut Cheerios... I've bought a few boxes and I'm still alive