Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

$4 for 30 Pokemon cards at Dollarama

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2019 1:36 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 10, 2017
797 posts
1452 upvotes
Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. Seems like posting this helped me more than helping you get a good deal lol.
So googling bk gaming didn't help, but 401games.ca is interesting and I've saved it for later to check for deals. I wanted to get the charizard gx box, which seems cheap, but the shipping kills it. My son likes charizard.
Hopefully I can find some nearby independents that sell these bulk packs that's mentioned here, seems to be better value.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3575 upvotes
GenericMember wrote: Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. Seems like posting this helped me more than helping you get a good deal lol.
So googling bk gaming didn't help, but 401games.ca is interesting and I've saved it for later to check for deals. I wanted to get the charizard gx box, which seems cheap, but the shipping kills it. My son likes charizard.
Hopefully I can find some nearby independents that sell these bulk packs that's mentioned here, seems to be better value.
Better yet, just keep an eye out on Facebook Maketplace and/or Craigslist. Everyday people dump massive collections of CCG cards for next to nothing, and your kid might get lucky with a collector who just doesn't care anymore about their cards.
I absolutely dumped my Magic Card onto a kid for next to nothing. I'm sure I traded my collection for pennies on the dollar, but they really didn't have value for me anymore.
Jan 31, 2007
427 posts
145 upvotes
Hamilton
GenericMember wrote: Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. Seems like posting this helped me more than helping you get a good deal lol.
The store Jerico is referring to is called Black Knight Games, and I play there regularly.

I play a lot of Magic and played Pokemon TCG in my youth--like everyone is saying, if your son is too young to learn the game and is happy with whatever cards, then scour Kijiji or the FB Marketplace or local shops wherever you are and they'll be able to sell you tons of cards for a low price. If he's old enough to play (or you want him to learn!) then I'd recommend against getting him these Dollarama packs, or sealed product (booster packs or bundles). They're literally gambling, and you're more likely than not going to be disappointed with what you get inside.

A big draw of TCGs like Pokemon or Magic is that some cards have inherent resale value, so even if you buy a card at $10, you can probably use it and sell it for $5 or more later on. In booster packs, most cards are worth less literally than a penny, and most "rare" cards (one per pack) might be worth $1 at best. If your kid ends up playing, then buying single cards for the deck he wants might end up more expensive in the short term, but it'll save you money in the long term since you won't be buying $5 lottery tickets just so he can get his fix.
Looking for: Animorphs: 42, 44, 47, 48, 50, Battle Royale manga issue 15
Jan 9, 2018
71 posts
128 upvotes
I saw these and wondered about them. Thanks for the OP posting it up so folks get some good input. No need to downvote the OP, the post raised a good question on these.
Feb 22, 2019
19 posts
8 upvotes
Just want everyone to know, I just got four packs of the 30 cards for kids birthdays and opened up all four packs and none of the cards are the same. No duplicates.
I have the super old cards so these cards look very different compared to the ones way back then. Would be weird to add any to my old collection. Will stick to giving it to the little ones.
Sep 12, 2019
1 posts
I have been buying pokemon booster packs from Dollar tree for the kids I teach as prizes for good work but Dollar Tree has stopped selling them. Do you know if a location in Ottawa or Gatineau that might sell such packs at such reasonable prices? They were 1.25 per 3 card pack.

I am also looking for similar Disney Princess cards, Yugioh cards, Hickey cards and Baseball cards. All were sold at Dollar Tree but no longer. I was going to stop by the show but got the date wrong this month.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Laura