Apr 16, 2002
12381 posts
7530 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] $4 Gadget Grab at Dollarama

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
grabbed one of these today (Sherbourne/Shuter). Pleasantly surprised esp at $4 price . It comes with two stands for each type of device, two for phone and two for tablet. Four stands total.

Using it now .What can I say? I'm a sucker for a fun infomercial

"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
35 replies
Nov 27, 2003
539 posts
75 upvotes
An enthusiastic +1 for including the infomercial!
Jul 5, 2005
847 posts
145 upvotes
thanks OP! its one thing to post a deal another to post a video right in the post. +1

Will pick one up for the kids.

Also bought 2x $4 headphones they look like knock off beats in the sense of size and color. They are great very comfortable with nice padding, the sound is clear but they do not get very loud which is a good thing for the kids.

Dec 6, 2016
11 posts
9 upvotes
Man, cheesy infomercials like that one are a lost art. Loved it.
Jan 11, 2009
165 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
man, was going to pass until I watched the infomercial, will try to pick up tonight
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2005
4875 posts
639 upvotes
Don't waste your $4 for this garbage. The green sticky thing doesn't stick to anything at all. The green dot that "sticks" to your phone doesn't actually stick much. It certainly doesn't grip anywhere as much as their commercial. Your phone/tablet will just slide right off and crash on the floor. The ring of green does have decent grip on the table surface, so there's that...

I guess this really depends on the "batch" of sticky stuff you get. Mine are low-adhesion, which explains why you get 4 mounts for $4.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1239 posts
508 upvotes
rf134a wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:42 am
Don't waste your $4 for this garbage. The green sticky thing doesn't stick to anything at all. The green dot that "sticks" to your phone doesn't actually stick much. It certainly doesn't grip anywhere as much as their commercial. Your phone/tablet will just slide right off and crash on the floor. The ring of green does have decent grip on the table surface, so there's that...

I guess this really depends on the "batch" of sticky stuff you get. Mine are low-adhesion, which explains why you get 4 mounts for $4.
+1; I had a car mount with this same stuff and it was useless.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13664 posts
3077 upvotes
I', still waiting for stock on the cheap bluetooth keyboards. Will check what's up with Dollarama this afternoon...
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3462 posts
820 upvotes
it wouldn't be good as a night table stand?

I wouldn't use it on a rocking bull, but as a simple stand?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
7609 posts
683 upvotes
DougO wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:58 am
I', still waiting for stock on the cheap bluetooth keyboards. Will check what's up with Dollarama this afternoon...
Yea man i am also waiting for the BT keyboard n have been waiting for almost 3 months
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
12381 posts
7530 upvotes
Toronto
def47 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:17 pm
I wouldn't use it on a rocking bull, but as a simple stand?
I bought it specifically to mount my 256GB Ipad Pro LTE on a rocking bull. Will report back with test results...
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3685 posts
1970 upvotes
North York
sprung wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:41 pm
I bought it specifically to mount my 256GB Ipad Pro LTE on a rocking bull. Will report back with test results...
don't bother!
My 1TB Ipad Pro 3 LTE didn't stick on a rocking bull.

But let me know if you tablet will stay "stuck" on a night stand. I might try to DIY a wireless charging stand with this sticky green thing.
How do I downvote this voting system?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
12381 posts
7530 upvotes
Toronto
update - the smaller holder kept dropping my phone (Redmi Note 3 w/slick TPU cover)

switched to the tablet holder for my Redmi and wow! That thing really can hang on. Ends up pulling the TPU cover off my phone 'cause it such a powerful grip on large surface area. cool!

Mar 9, 2017
3 posts
sprung wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:20 am
grabbed one of these today (Sherbourne/Shuter). Pleasantly surprised esp at $4 price . It comes with two stands for each type of device, two for phone and two for tablet. Four stands total.

Using it now .What can I say? I'm a sucker for a fun infomercial

Could not find any at Sherbourne & Shuter location. I went to the gadgets section there was none.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel