Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

$4 magnetic vent mount

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 9:28 pm
Nov 10, 2007
208 posts
70 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
4 available this afternoon @ the Lougheed & Oxford, Poco store.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
I only got 2 magnets in the box. But the box says 3.
Anyone else only 2?
Jul 16, 2006
67 posts
68 upvotes
True north strong an…
Saw about 8 at Coquitlam superstore location.
Feb 7, 2011
479 posts
129 upvotes
Brought one vent mount and Gadget Grab from Cochrane Dollarama yesterday. Lots of them in store but not tablet keyboard
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
I saw one in Dollarama in Train yards but wasn't sure of the quality. Next time if I go I will pick it up
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
So after using this for a month, here is my short and concise review.

It comes with 1 mount, 2 metal circular discs, 2 square metal rounded discs. Each types has a peelable adhesive tape on the back, one without adhesive tape.

I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus, on a thin plastic Spigen case. I taped one of the circular discs that came with this mount inside on the bottom of my case. My car has vertical vents, which is fine as the mount itself was able to securely clip onto the vents. I just had to push it all the way in to the max (yeah, that's what she said too lol ;)) . The phone fits securely, the vent location is on my center dash, so with the mount it's to my right when I drive.

I've used it to FaceTime with people with my wife controlling the phone while I drive, and they can see 90% of my face. In Google Maps mode, it's perfect as I'm able to see it comfortably in my peripheral vision.

When I leave the car, I just take the phone with me without the mount. I haven't tried it with tablets so I don't know how secured this mount would be for something bigger than an iPhone 6 Plus.

It's so damn convenient that I hope more people would use it, versus the old style mounts where you have to squeeze two plastic arms to hold your phone. Seriously, it's like 1980s tech versus 2017 tech with this thing. I hope in the future, car designers would design this and integrate it into vehicles because the magnetic mount is so good, I wondered how I lived without it.

For $4 it's a steal, because most reputable online sellers sells the equivalent at $15-$30. Canada Computers for example, has something similar for $35!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
JKKim2983 wrote: So after using this for a month, here is my short and concise review.

It comes with 1 mount, 2 metal circular discs, 2 square metal rounded discs. Each types has a peelable adhesive tape on the back, one without adhesive tape.

I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus, on a thin plastic Spigen case. I taped one of the circular discs that came with this mount inside on the bottom of my case. My car has vertical vents, which is fine as the mount itself was able to securely clip onto the vents. I just had to push it all the way in to the max (yeah, that's what she said too lol ;)) . The phone fits securely, the vent location is on my center dash, so with the mount it's to my right when I drive.

I've used it to FaceTime with people with my wife controlling the phone while I drive, and they can see 90% of my face. In Google Maps mode, it's perfect as I'm able to see it comfortably in my peripheral vision.

When I leave the car, I just take the phone with me without the mount. I haven't tried it with tablets so I don't know how secured this mount would be for something bigger than an iPhone 6 Plus.

It's so damn convenient that I hope more people would use it, versus the old style mounts where you have to squeeze two plastic arms to hold your phone. Seriously, it's like 1980s tech versus 2017 tech with this thing. I hope in the future, car designers would design this and integrate it into vehicles because the magnetic mount is so good, I wondered how I lived without it.

For $4 it's a steal, because most reputable online sellers sells the equivalent at $15-$30. Canada Computers for example, has something similar for $35!!
Very well stated. I was going to post my clever find (stil $4 at Dollarama if you can find them) but of course searched prior to posting, and am glad the OP posted so much earlier, it gave lots of people time to get in on this. I bought one for myself today. Trying it out with an iPhone 6 Plus that has an otterbox thicker case, the large rectangular plate was a no go, but the circular adhesive (strong thus far) works great stuck on the back of the case. I don't care what it looks like, ha! I liked it so much I went back and got one for my husband. We don't text and drive. but for google maps verbal directions it will be handy. I agree the squeeze plastic arms were just silly. We will seldom use them on the vents so I feel safe enough using the magnet with it, despite others mentioning a potential risk.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
my car is too powerful
either my phone falls off the mount or the mount falls off the vent clip
i have an older vent clip with the two side squeeze things to hold and my phone stay in place
but this magnetic vent holder falls off when i accelerate or change lanes
most of the time it seems to work ok though i just have to put it back in whenever it falls off
Aug 25, 2006
927 posts
477 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: I only got 2 magnets in the box. But the box says 3.
Anyone else only 2?
Only got 1 magnet, one circular disc with adhesive, 2 rectangular plates -- no adhesive
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
actng wrote: my car is too powerful
either my phone falls off the mount or the mount falls off the vent clip
i have an older vent clip with the two side squeeze things to hold and my phone stay in place
but this magnetic vent holder falls off when i accelerate or change lanes
most of the time it seems to work ok though i just have to put it back in whenever it falls off
You can layer 2 of the metal plates together for a slightly stronger hold to the magnet.
I havent had a problem with the mount coming off the vent, note it has 2 different slot sizes for different thickness of vent vanes, try taking it off and rotating it 90*.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Mar 5, 2013
496 posts
704 upvotes
Kitchener
If my local dollarama still has these I think I'll pick one up, thanks OP
Dec 4, 2009
199 posts
59 upvotes
GVRD
This product rocks!
Putting steel plate on the right position is crucial.
"NOTHING HAUNTS US LIKE THE THINGS WE DON'T SAY."

-MITCH ALBOM
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1689 posts
1258 upvotes
Calgary
There is still some left at the Sunridge location in Calgary
Oct 23, 2009
220 posts
809 upvotes
Edmonton
Found them in Edmonton @ Windermere location. Three left as of last night.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Did anyone find these in Montreal yet, wondering how much time I should spend hunting for them.

Can anyone confirm if these are identical to the Spigen and Wizgear popular vent mounts and equal to the quality?

Seems to be an open patent as the Spigen and Wizgear ones look identical but a 2 set model at amazon.ca is $19.99 for the Spigen, big difference in price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)