Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

$4 magnetic vent mount

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 9:28 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
the Fourdollarama strikes again!

personally, I don't see the deal here compared to ebay or DX, and I would only spend $4 on something name-brand + quality that is being liquidated out.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote: the Fourdollarama strikes again!

personally, I don't see the deal here compared to ebay or DX, and I would only spend $4 on something name-brand + quality that is being liquidated out.
How quality does this thing need to be? it's a bit of rubber, some plastic and some magnets. The equivalent at Best Buy, The Source, etc. are like $15+, so I would say, if you need one in a pinch, this is a nice deal. Comparing it to ebay or DX, shipping from China, isn't a fair comparison... feel free to show a better deal on one that you can get within a week.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
Quinoa wrote: For those in BC: I got a great vent mount (clamp, not magnetic) at Dollar Tree for $1.25.
I had bad luck with a cheap clamp one. I found that since you need to manipulate it more than the magnetic ones to attach the phone, the rubber attached to the vent started to rip, exposing the metal underneath. This ended up scratching the vents a bit, so I tossed it. But it was perfect before that happened. And for $1.25, don't think you can go wrong. But, personally, I would spend the extra to get the magnetic one. I like just being able to mount the phone with one hand, and not have to deal with springs.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
galigian wrote: It's not bad, actually. I have a Nexus 6p which is quite large and the mount held it securely in my Jeep. A buck on eBay is a better deal, but $4 isn't bad. It comes with 4 metal plates (2 round small, 2 larger rectangular) and one magnet
That's actually good to note. The $1.50 special one that I got from China only came with 2 metal plates (one round and one rectangle).
Mar 7, 2011
167 posts
357 upvotes
Ottawa
Alekxqin wrote: I've seen this magnetic mount at Dollarama for several time, wondering if the magnets could hurt the phone's battery?
Nope. The magnetic mounts caution not to place the metal plate near the device's compass (if it has one) because the magnetic field can interfere with it, but otherwise the magnets aren't powerful enough to do any serious damage. A lot of modern electronic devices have magnets inside them already.

I found this article that explains this a bit: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how ... rd-drives/

That said, a lot of GPS devices come with a magnetic mount and have no problem. I have a four year old one that's had no issues with the compass. Yes, battery life on it sucks now, but that happens to most batteries after 4 years of regular use.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
This maybe a lot shot but does anyone with a 2011-2016 Elantra have one of these? I've had trouble holding air vents so wondering if these work
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1181 posts
59 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I picked one up on my way home today and it seems to hold my note 5 solid - the magnet is quite strong, and to answer the previous poster I have a 2015 elantra and it works good
Jun 21, 2009
202 posts
201 upvotes
I picked up 2 today. Fits great in my Explorer.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
Won't go wrong with the price, I see $10+ one at amazon
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Graham wrote: Just an alternative...although not as cheap...$10. I bought this one from ncix.com

Linke LKC-03 Car Stand 360 Adjustable Rotation Car Air Vent Mount Holder for Mobile Phones / iPhone - http://www.ncix.com/detail/linke-lkc-03 ... omoid=1074

It costs $10 but has more adjustments and does not use magnets. It also sticks out from the vents a bit so the air can flow out around it. There is a support arm at the bottom that help to give it stability by pressing against the dash. I really like it as the suction cup window mounts kept dislodging after a while. Using it with an LG G3 which is quite a big phone.
Yellow color deal breaker!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
569 upvotes
York
Anybody happen to find any in the Mississauga locations? Came up empty while checking after work.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Nov 12, 2012
767 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
The Destroyer wrote: Anybody happen to find any in the Mississauga locations? Came up empty while checking after work.
Couple left at Argentia location. Bought one.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Actually you can find a bunch of these magnetic mounts on eBay for only $1 or $2
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
deeznuts wrote: feel free to show a better deal on one that you can get within a week.
I cannot even imagine the bizarre situation you'd find yourself in requiring you to "get one of these within a week". :lol:

Aug 8, 2007
839 posts
732 upvotes
Costco is selling a combo package with both a magnetic vent mount and a large suction cup attachment for both phones and GPS etc. for $19.95. I am not happy with the vent mount as the magnets stick no problem but the sticky backing is not strong enough to actually hold the GPS. I was about to take it back when I discovered that my existing GPS mounting mechanism had a metal insert in it and it works well without even using any of the magnetic plates. I will check this one out as this sounds like a much better and cheaper solution but if anyone is having problems with it sticking to your GPS consider this alternative.
Dec 30, 2009
29 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked on up today @ same location.
Oct 5, 2012
145 posts
48 upvotes
BC
mikka2017 wrote: Yellow color deal breaker!
The linke ones from NCIX are great if you have air vent blades that sag from the weight of your phone. If you look closely, it's got these two funky arms that stabilize your phone against the vent. Another benefit is if you've got heat or AC going, your phone's not gunna be affected. During the summer, my LG G5 would go all wonky when the AC is on. You'd think the cold was good for the phone but no. Also, I never have the heat go anywhere but the windshield or my feet, and don't prefer too much heat anyway so this isn't an issue for me.

Although, yeah, the color is a pretty big turn off. It's ugly as hell haha

--

I do think that any of the magnetic mounts with rotating view is really handy to have though. Some people have a bit of a curve on their dash, some have to move it on passenger side vent (like me - because I need AC in my face) where, then, the angle's all funky . It's a small gripe but nice to have. I bought mine from Showcase when they were on sale for like 4$ but it doesn't have this rotating stuff. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.